Suggestions for dinner place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shashlik restaurant at Far East shopping centre.. the one beside Hilton hotel..
Russian cuisine..restaurant a bit run down.. but environment is nice and food is 2 thumbs up! must try is their borsch soup!

MUST book in advance..

Shashlik Restaurant Pte Ltd
Address : 545 Orchard Road #06-19 FAR EAST SHOPPING CENTRE
Phone No: 67326401

u can also try Black Angus at One Fullerton.. hope this helps..
;)

Originally posted by KoolBlue
Need ideas for a nice romantic dinner for my gf's b'day.

Any suggestions?
what's your budget? quite impt to know otherwise u'll end up with a list of very expensive places...

if you're into steak, my fave is still the Tavern, near Mohd Sultan. they got the best beef in singapore IMHO. but if you're going for the good cuts, can get very expensive... :D

Thanks for your ideas!

Times are bad, so can leave places like Equinox out ;)

Was thinking of Shashlik too but also wanted to see if there are other places you ppl can suggest.

Where exactly is the Tavern at?

Thanks for your ideas!

Times are bad, so can leave places like Equinox out ;)

actually the equinox is really not that expensive. a normal meal with appitizers and the main course cost around $250 for 4. its ala carte style. i brought my mum there for her bday just this past tuesday and i must say that the view there is fantastic. can bring your camera there.;) provided your gf allows that.hehe

Where exactly is the Tavern at?
it's at the corner of River Valley Road and Mohd Sultan Rd, at the row of shophouses there. can't really miss it, just at the turning when you turn into the nightspot area.

Equinox..... but my gf has been there b4. On company's a/c though!

What kind of food do they serve at the Tavern? How's the prices and the ambience like?

i know this sounds dumb

but what kind of gf is she?

eerrm... i mean, like how old lah... what she like to eat etc etc

She's my gf for 7 yrs oredi. Serious one. Not play-play gf hor... ;)

We both enjoy food. We've will go all over the island to try good food from hawker centres to restaurants. I think this is the cause of the problem too. We have been to so many places that when it comes to special occasions, I can't think of a place where we haven't been to.

We do go to Petals quite regularly too. :) As mentioned, the food there is cheap and good. The service there is good too.

8 on the Bay, next to indoor staduim, book early, and you might be able to get a Private Dining Room.

Originally posted by firefox13
what's your budget? quite impt to know otherwise u'll end up with a list of very expensive places...

if you're into steak, my fave is still the Tavern, near Mohd Sultan. they got the best beef in singapore IMHO. but if you're going for the good cuts, can get very expensive... :D

do they have fondue over there?

btw, pete's place at the basement of hyatt isn't bad also.

if you're loaded, go Lawries .... I've not been there, but I heard it is nice.

Originally posted by rueyloon

went there before...and i feel its all show and no meat...keke..but they sure make u feel like vips

What kind of food do they serve at the Tavern? How's the prices and the ambience like?
well if you don't go for the steak-by-weight type of meal (which is expensive, a decent size cut will cost like $70+), it's quite ok. they generally serve continental cuisine, mix of English and Swiss. their raclette cheese is to-die-for, and got very interesting range of appetizers as well and i think their menu changes quite often. a nice carpet-bag steak is around $36 sing and prime rib should be around the same price also, depending on how thick you order. i know quite a few gourmets and food-lovers who frequent the place. think there's also another outlet at East Coast road but not sure where. atmosphere wise is quite nice, very cosy and the attendants are very polite. overall one of my fave places to makan a good meal.

Originally posted by fastwatch
do they have fondue over there?
yup, got!!! very good one some more but quite expensive... can't remember the price though :D

Originally posted by rueyloon
i've been to Lawries too and their prime rib is not bad but i think Tavern and Morton's is way better. Lawries is a bit overrated... other than their spinning salad thing. for the price you pay at Lawries, might as well go Morton's, or Just Steak (never been there myself though). but IMHO Tavern is still better... cheaper and can eat more exotic stuff. :thumbsup:

ok in case anyone is wondering, no i'm not working for Tavern, just think that they really serve good food. ;)

Try Just Steak....along the Boat Quay stretch...just next to Mad Monks.:light:

Hmmm.... maybe Alkaff Mansion? after the dinner, there will be a polaroid shot for memories... quite romantic too...

Status
Not open for further replies.