Suggestions for a good camera bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

scion99

Nov 29, 2005
Ponggol
Hi I have currently shortlisted 2 camera backpacks:confused: namely Crumpler Keystone or Lowepro Orion Trekker II. Will appreciate if fellow clubsnappers can provide some feedbacks or share their experiences on which is a better camera backpack.

This is to your mileage and preference, how to advice you which one is better? :dunno:

Think it all depends how many equipment you have. ;)

To add, I currently own a D50 with kit len (18-55), zoom len (55-200) and a manfrotto 728b tripod.

I had heard alot about the superior material used on the crumpler bag which claimed to be water resistant etc etc. I will love to hear from users about their experiences with their crumpler bags.:D

As for Lowepro, I will also love to hear from other user about their experiences.

Then perhaps I can then make my final decision!

Many Thanks

From the Clubsnap forum, finally found and bought an Urban Equip backpack from Sports COnnection for $34. The bag is splash proof, and the bottom has the detachable lining for my D50 with kit lens, 70-300mm lens, 50mm lens, flash and accessories. Top part can hold other stuff plus a section for laptop. Don't know about the manfrotto tripod though. comes in red, blue and grey.

Well worth it for its price. Go to any sports connection to check it out. and don't ask me for a photo of the backpack.

I have got A crumbler tallee, and an Lowe Pro omni Sports Pro & Ex180. All very good bags, but this urban equip is what I used everyday now. Nobody knows I am carrying my camera around. If is used the other bags, everyone knows I have got camera in there.

scion99 said:
To add, I currently own a D50 with kit len (18-55), zoom len (55-200) and a manfrotto 728b tripod.

I had heard alot about the superior material used on the crumpler bag which claimed to be water resistant etc etc. I will love to hear from users about their experiences with their crumpler bags.:D

As for Lowepro, I will also love to hear from other user about their experiences.

Then perhaps I can then make my final decision!

Many Thanks

Hi, I hav a Crumpler Keystone for a few months. No complaints though, but this is a nice to have bag. No doubt that the materials & padding used are better; and they look nice while you're carrying it. It can even fit in a laptop.

But the down side is you can't put much things in it. Based on what u hav now, it wil fit in juz nice, with space for juz another flash. But that's it. If u hav additional lens, u may have to get another bag. By the way, u can't strap ur tripod on it. The zipper are designed such that u hav to put ur bag down in order open ur bag.

Personally, I like the bag for the design. I take photographs as hobby, hence this bag is juz nice for me. As for the Lowpro Orion Trekker II, I dun hav it, so I can't comment.

Cheerio,

Tamrac makes excellent bags too.

Was at Cathay Photo yesterday.
Lowepro has some new models and seems pretty good.

Go take a look.
If can, bring all your gears along to try.

blive said:
From the Clubsnap forum, finally found and bought an Urban Equip backpack from Sports COnnection for $34. The bag is splash proof, and the bottom has the detachable lining for my D50 with kit lens, 70-300mm lens, 50mm lens, flash and accessories. Top part can hold other stuff plus a section for laptop. Don't know about the manfrotto tripod though. comes in red, blue and grey.

Well worth it for its price. Go to any sports connection to check it out. and don't ask me for a photo of the backpack.

I have got A crumbler tallee, and an Lowe Pro omni Sports Pro & Ex180. All very good bags, but this urban equip is what I used everyday now. Nobody knows I am carrying my camera around. If is used the other bags, everyone knows I have got camera in there.

urban equip backpack? $34?? thats cheap... :bigeyes:

er..mind asking model no. at least..since no picture.. :think:

I think the Lowepro MiniTrekker AW would be a fine bag for your purposes and for your current setup. The tripod can also be easily strapped to the back of this bagpack.

fWord said:
I think the Lowepro MiniTrekker AW would be a fine bag for your purposes and for your current setup. The tripod can also be easily strapped to the back of this bagpack.

but mini trekker $124 leh... if a $34 backpack that can hold a cam w/equipment and waterproof i might as well get tat..not that i can spend so much on a new bag...no money liao :cry:

metallilan said:
but mini trekker $124 leh... if a $34 backpack that can hold a cam w/equipment and waterproof i might as well get tat..not that i can spend so much on a new bag...no money liao :cry:

Heheh...if they're functional, durable and reliable, and at that price, then go for it! :) Sounds like a good deal, but I've never seen one of these before.

metallilan said:

It look like a crumpler i forgot the model.. i also using it... its good and cheap... brought it for my hk trip. I was caught in a rain and it is weather proof so far..

I used a lowepro rover AW II and i like it. As i dun have many lens and my concept of travelling is to travel light and i dun like to bring my entire assets along thus the rover comes into my mind. I put in there a D70 body, 2 mid range lenses and a sb-800. Above it is the empty space wher i can put my personal stuff.

When i was deciding on a camera bag, i was thinking of either the rover or the orion cos i like the idea that i can put other things in there and not jus camera stuff alone... Then came my laptop which i also bring along and now i change my cam bag to a computrekker. understand there is a compurover in the market but it outa my budget so got tt instead....

I would think the Orion would be a good choice but then again, only you would know what's best for you cos you are the user...to each his own.

Hope this helps...:)

eugenep said:
It look like a crumpler i forgot the model.. i also using it... its good and cheap... brought it for my hk trip. I was caught in a rain and it is weather proof so far..

hmm..pics? :sweat:

I would think that in terms of water resistance the lowepro definitely wins out if its got the AW cover. Crumpler bags tend to be hard to open and get stuff out from (in my opinion)

metallilan said:

I think u can just go to sports connection to ask which is a photo backpack. They only have 1 backpack model for cameras. HArd to miss. The shop at Junction 8 has 1 red one left and a couple of blue ones (I visited the shop yesterday). The price is really $34 even though the tag is much higher.

swiftdragon said:
I think u can just go to sports connection to ask which is a photo backpack. They only have 1 backpack model for cameras. HArd to miss. The shop at Junction 8 has 1 red one left and a couple of blue ones (I visited the shop yesterday). The price is really $34 even though the tag is much higher.

if its available at all sports connection then tom i'll head down to jurong point for a look... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.