Suggestion to enhance forumers' experience in CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartshape

Dec 11, 2005
East End
Hi Moderators
Donno if you are familiar with the Delphi forums which are very popular with car enthusiats. I have been sharing there for years and kinda love the interface of their forums.
One thing I find lacking in CS is if I post a message in a thread, whether the CSer I posted to has read my msg or not, I do not know. And if he did and posted a reply to me, if he doesn't PM me, in order to see if he replied I have to search the entire forum and try and remember which thread I posted in. This, I find, is very lay chay.
If it is possible, why not make it such that as long as I post a reply, the person I posted to automatically gets an email informing him that a reply has been posted to him and the email contains a hyperlink to that reply. In this way every message we post, that someone replies to, we know. This will definitely enhance the cohesiveness in the club and encourage interaction amongst members.

hmm .. not sure if you already know .. but most of us 'subscribe' to threads that we wanna follow check the 'thread tools' drop down menu.

subscribing to the thread means we'll get email updates, or can simply go to 'User CP' then look at our list of subscribed threads =)

hope this helps =)

There is a Subscribe function that you can use to notify you of replies.
The function is under Thread Tools just above the first post in the thread.

You can select from 4 different types of subscription notifications :-
a) No Email Notification (thread subscriptions will be viewable in your User Control Panel)
b) Instant Email Notification
c) Daily Email Notification
d) Weekly Email Notification

Under usercp and options, you can configure it to auto subscribe to all threads you replied in as well. No need to do one by one manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.