Suggestion on Photoshoots tenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rheo

Dec 12, 2005
Singapore
I have a suggestion. Dont flame me
:X

would it be better if contacts were not given out and things were done on the forum instead to prevent under cutting others.

So things like PM are disabled and any further contact would only be through the forum for all to see.

That way, photographers can know where they stand.

wat do u all think...

Anyway i'm not involved. I'm just new to the forum and learning onli. not in the least interested in photoshoots.

Really don't know your point, but if you are not the least bit interested in photoshoots, why bother at all in what others do?

Anyway, would you care to kindly clarify yourself for plebians like me?

Thanks...

Rheo said:

would it be better if contacts were not given out and things were done on the forum instead to prevent under cutting others.

So things like PM are disabled and any further contact would only be through the forum for all to see.

wat do u all think...

Anyway i'm not involved. I'm just new to the forum and learning onli. not in the least interested in photoshoots.
I don't think it's necessary.

Rheo said:

wat do u all think...

Not necessary is one thing. How people operate is another. Undercutting or not, I think that all information exchanged should remain strictly between the 2 parties involved and should not be openly discussed on the forum.

And quite frankly, I don't understand your point of making this suggestion.

Rheo said:

wat do u all think...

dumbest idea I heard, probably won't hear anything dumber for 2005!

wow ok...
i'm sure its nothing to get so hot about....

But i'm sure deadpoet.. u've got nothing better to do than to wait behind your screen for something like this to come up.

your posts are more offensive than mine any day. I suggest you just take it elsewhere.
but like everyone i guess everyone has their own opinion to everything.

Just try not to step on too many toes and get a life.

I should not even bother replying to your response but i guess you deserve some credit for showing your hate or whatever that problem is with u.

:dunno:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the rest.

Haha... must be the time of the night lah Rheo. Do forgive our more vocal and opinionated clubsnap members. They are nicer in person, I assure you.

Rheo said:
wow ok...
i'm sure its nothing to get so hot about....

But i'm sure deadpoet.. u've got nothing better to do than to wait behind your screen for something like this to come up.

your posts are more offensive than mine any day. I suggest you just take it elsewhere.
but like everyone i guess everyone has their own opinion to everything.

Just try not to step on too many toes and get a life.

I should not even bother replying to your response but i guess you deserve some credit for showing your hate or whatever that problem is with u.

:dunno:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to the rest.

Let me elaborate. You advocated the dumbest idea of having all private negotiation made public. At the end, necessary comunication will be curtailed because of the lack of privacy. Without proper and transparent comunication, nothing can be done, deals will be lost, arrangement messed up, and all in all, chaos.

My to more important thing, you were right, you should not have responded. Now, becuse of your post, I had responded. Do you know me? So, now, I have a problem - hate? Well, at least you had done me a big favor, you highlighted to me my problem, which is not only new to me, but new to all my friends.

But then, aren't you worse, you knew someone hateful like myself will be hiding behind the screen waiting for your original post, and yet you still posted, to lure me, a hateful person, to respond? Do you have a problem?

To all fellow CSers, have a happy holidays, and I promise to be as "hateful" as ever next year. Wow, you never know, learn something new about yourself everyday :)

Rheo said:

wat do u all think...

It will not work, trust me.
no PM? no email? no phone number? how to contact each other? who want to post I charge $xxx for this deal, have you ever see any open tender document show to public? all business dealing information are confidential.

If anyone want to undercut for getting a deal, go ahead, by all means, willing to making less or make a loss is his problem, nobody can stop him.

If someone is under charge for a deal, well, next time he will become smarter.

If don't know how to charge? all he need to do is ASK, and learn along the way.

Sometime newbie complain about pro never or willing share information, which is not truth, most of the time is didn't ask a Right Question to a Right People at a Right Time with a Right Attitude, didn't get a answer, so please don't blame people.

Deadpoet said:
Let me elaborate. You advocated the dumbest idea of having all private negotiation made public. At the end, necessary comunication will be curtailed because of the lack of privacy. Without proper and transparent comunication, nothing can be done, deals will be lost, arrangement messed up, and all in all, chaos.

My to more important thing, you were right, you should not have responded. Now, becuse of your post, I had responded. Do you know me? So, now, I have a problem - hate? Well, at least you had done me a big favor, you highlighted to me my problem, which is not only new to me, but new to all my friends.

But then, aren't you worse, you knew someone hateful like myself will be hiding behind the screen waiting for your original post, and yet you still posted, to lure me, a hateful person, to respond? Do you have a problem?

To all fellow CSers, have a happy holidays, and I promise to be as "hateful" as ever next year. Wow, you never know, learn something new about yourself everyday :)

aiyooooooo.......... i guess its 2 each of their own la huh..

Deadpoet is MEAN :bsmilie: n his words can be overly sarcastic n blunt. :cool: but he is NICE!! wei.. "old bird" cannot bully newbie laa... :sticktong

catchlights said:
It will not work, trust me.
no PM? no email? no phone number? how to contact each other? who want to post I charge $xxx for this deal, have you ever see any open tender document show to public? all business dealing information are confidential.

If anyone want to undercut for getting a deal, go ahead, by all means, willing to making less or make a loss is his problem, nobody can stop him.

If someone is under charge for a deal, well, next time he will become smarter.

If don't know how to charge? all he need to do is ASK, and learn along the way.

Sometime newbie complain about pro never or willing share information, which is not truth, most of the time is didn't ask a Right Question to a Right People at a Right Time with a Right Attitude, didn't get a answer, so please don't blame people.

agree. but i dun understand the part when he say undercut. who undercut who? the organisers or wat? hmmm..

anyway.. IF everything is 2 be OUT, TOO OUT in the open, be it details or contacts. den some of us will die man. we'll be getting unwanted attentions!! like wat if some1 but her hp no. on the thread. den the whole CS would know her no. CRAZY!! dun 1.. scaryyy.... im just quoting example. just like how some i-dunno-who, from cs, add me on msn, 'just 4 the sake of adding' me when i dun even know them.

Haley said:
agree. but i dun understand the part when he say undercut. who undercut who? the organisers or wat? hmmm..

anyway.. IF everything is 2 be OUT, TOO OUT in the open, be it details or contacts. den some of us will die man. we'll be getting unwanted attentions!! like wat if some1 but her hp no. on the thread. den the whole CS would know her no. CRAZY!! dun 1.. scaryyy.... im just quoting example. just like how some i-dunno-who, from cs, add me on msn, 'just 4 the sake of adding' me when i dun even know them.
Most of thee time we define undercut is someone quote/charge a job/assignment way under the norm rates to win the the job/assignment, willing earn little profit or nothing just to get the job/assignment for many reasons.

IMHO, undercutting is not a healthy way of doing business, be it intentionally or making a mistake by under quote. But doing business is a learning process, we progress by learning from our past mistake and other people experience.

For what I see is thread starter suggest any person request for photography service will post the requirement openly in a thread, and anyone interested to offer his/her photography service will post the quote/charge/rate in the thread too. Does anyone think this way will work? With or without transparency of dealing, some people will still undercut.

Whether we are vendors(clients) or service providers (photographers), on and off we do receive strange requires or offers, the best way to deal with it is just to ignore it.

sooooo desu-ne....

YA LOR YA LOR!! hmmpf...

in fact i dun understand y SOME BIG BRANDS company r so al-cheapo. even if they dun wanna go thru agencies bcos of the agency fees. they should at least be willing 2 pay the certain MARKET rate wat.. POOI... -annoyed-

Haley said:
sooooo desu-ne....

YA LOR YA LOR!! hmmpf...

in fact i dun understand y SOME BIG BRANDS company r so al-cheapo. even if they dun wanna go thru agencies bcos of the agency fees. they should at least be willing 2 pay the certain MARKET rate wat.. POOI... -annoyed-
Well. Welcome to the world of cheapo... Sadly, in this country of ours, the less money required the better. So that's realty...

But still, I don't understand why this debate is still going on. I mean, there's no point in us ranting on about who undercuts who and so on. We've heard the views, many of which are against this idea, so let's move on.

Mods please consider closing this thread, thanks.

jeremyftk said:
Well. Welcome to the world of cheapo... Sadly, in this country of ours, the less money required the better. So that's realty...

But still, I don't understand why this debate is still going on. I mean, there's no point in us ranting on about who undercuts who and so on. We've heard the views, many of which are against this idea, so let's move on.

You sound so negative, seen you have not met any good clients yet...

We all begin somewhere, all started form lowest lever, constructive discussion will help someone, you may share you view here, but not nice to stop someone from making suggestion.

jeremyftk said:

catchlights is absolutely right, you have no right to stop this discussion. If you do not agree, like, cannot stand, or whatever, stay away, you did not start this thread, nor were you involved in any of the discussions.

You think there is no point to continue, then, don't and stay out. Others may feel that there ae lots more to discuss. Luckily, your wish is not the mod's command.

Deadpoet said:
catchlights is absolutely right, you have no right to stop this discussion. If you do not agree, like, cannot stand, or whatever, stay away, you did not start this thread, nor were you involved in any of the discussions.

You think there is no point to continue, then, don't and stay out. Others may feel that there ae lots more to discuss. Luckily, your wish is not the mod's command.
What can I say? Firstly, get your facts right before you accuse me of anything.

Secondly, I just suggesting close the thread. I did not point a gun at any of the admins and force them to close it.

Lastly, do some reading before you even attempt to grill by butt. Was I not involved in the discussion? At least I posted something better than your one-liner calling this the "dumbest idea I heard, probably won't hear anything dumber for 2005!".

jeremyftk said:
What can I say? Firstly, get your facts right before you accuse me of anything.

Secondly, I just suggesting close the thread. I did not point a gun at any of the admins and force them to close it.

Lastly, do some reading before you even attempt to grill by butt. Was I not involved in the discussion? At least I posted something better than your one-liner calling this the "dumbest idea I heard, probably won't hear anything dumber for 2005!".
So sorry, missed your post.

Still, the OP's idea is the dumbest suggestion in 2005.

As to whether you can suggest to close this thread, of course you can. You have the right to think and say whatever comes to your mind, but still, this is not a thread you started, and on what ground do you stand to ask this thread closed?

this forum is a cracker... sooo much intrigue and cat fighting!!!! keep it up.

buckwheat said:
this forum is a cracker... sooo much intrigue and cat fighting!!!! keep it up.

we simply try to entertain everyone, and there are many who create so many offortunitis for use to entertain

Status
Not open for further replies.