Suggestion on locations for 50mm lens photography

dustyshoes

May 30, 2014
Singapore
Hello, I have just started with photography and was wondering if anyone could suggest places where I can play around with a 50mm lens in Singapore?

I'm starting with a canon 50mm f1.8 ii lens. I also have an 18-200mm lens which I may bring along when going out with my DSLR.

Cheers to your great suggestions! :D

Hello, I have just started with photography and was wondering if anyone could suggest places where I can play around with a 50mm lens in Singapore?

I'm starting with a canon 50mm f1.8 ii lens. I also have an 18-200mm lens which I may bring along when going out with my DSLR.

Cheers to your great suggestions! :D

Normally... I started off in my room... shoot at the books, bed, blanket, pillow, my collection of cheapo China made watches, etc etc. I do this to find out a number of stuff about my camera - inclusive of different setting, sweet point of my lens, etc.

Then I moved out to the living room, garden, kitchen, etc. Finally outdoors in daytime...

bokeh monster thread has lots of thin DOF shots. go take a look. You'll get an idea of where you can play with your 50/1.8
(Actually you can play with it anywhere. As in, shoot with it. Just bring your camera and prime and take it with you wherever you go...that's what I do most of the time)

Anywhere would work leh...

Anytime, anywhere. The limit is you, not the lens :)

If you stay in HBD, just go down stairs,

Find 36 things and shoot ONE frame each. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

next project on another day, Go down stairs, find one objects and shoot 10 frame in total different angles. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

another project on another day, pick one design element as theme, example, lines, or pattern, or colors, shoot 36 frames on the same design element. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

another project on another day, Go down stairs, find objects that you can experiment with effects of shutter speed, or aperture etc.

this might take you six months or more to finish all these projects, and you will able build a very strong foundation on photography in the shortest time.

Find 36 things and shoot ONE frame each. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

next project on another day, Go down stairs, find one objects and shoot 10 frame in total different angles. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

another project on another day, pick one design element as theme, example, lines, or pattern, or colors, shoot 36 frames on the same design element. Go home and do some self assessment on the photos you took.

another project on another day, Go down stairs, find objects that you can experiment with effects of shutter speed, or aperture etc.

this might take you six months or more to finish all these projects, and you will able build a very strong foundation on photography in the shortest time.

I only wish I heard of this earlier

I only wish I heard of this earlier
It's never too late to start with it :) I am pondering some skill brush up this way: focused on one single aspect.
Such exercises could be gathered in a sticky thread as well.

Thx for sharing....everyday i learn new things....never end....hahaha