suggestion for monitor

PhotoTime

Jun 9, 2004
Hi,

My current monitor has light bleed, and I am looking for an IPS with low blue light monitor. I am still pondering if I should get 24" or 27" monitor. It will mainly be use for viewing/sorting photos.

Is there any suggestion on which brand/model of monitor should I get?

Regards.

Using Dell UltraSharp series, works well.
Do calibrate the screen and adjust the temperature accordingly, that should remove any excessive blue light and give a neutral result.

Using Dell UltraSharp series, works well.
Do calibrate the screen and adjust the temperature accordingly, that should remove any excessive blue light and give a neutral result.

Will this calibration/adjustment result in a yellowish screen?

Will this calibration/adjustment result in a yellowish screen?
Calibration is meant to remove any color imbalance, resulting in white being displayed as white. Once this is achieved, other colors are displayed accurately as well.

Actually, if you are concerned about a yellowish screen, Octarine's suggestion (calibration) is actually the way to go. Using a low blue light mode tends to result in a yellowish screen.

The low blue light mode in monitors is similar to the 'reading' or 'night' mode on mobile devices, and the built in 'night light' mode in windows 10. These adjust the colour temperature to make it warmer, which results in a yellowish screen. But if you are using it for viewing/sorting, it shouldn't be a big issue if your eyes have adjusted to the warmer colours. It's like looking at print photos under warm light vs cool fluorescent. Once your eyes have adjusted, red still looks red, blue still looks blue, but the red/blue will look different under both lights if you try to compare/match them.

If you are editing or doing anything that requires colour accuracy, you will want to avoid low blue light modes, which is a bit redundant since windows 10 has the feature built in anyway.

Last edited:
You can consider these 2 monitors ViewSonic VP2468 24in or VP2772 27in.

I am thinking of Benq sw2700pt. Any feedback on this monitor?

I am thinking of Benq sw2700pt. Any feedback on this monitor?

Yea actually the most affordable pro (AdobeRGB gamut) monitors in the market now are the sw2700 or the sw320. *cough*Dells are mostly OEM by BenQ anyway so you're getting the performance minus the markup*cough*

Yea actually the most affordable pro (AdobeRGB gamut) monitors in the market now are the sw2700 or the sw320. *cough*Dells are mostly OEM by BenQ anyway so you're getting the performance minus the markup*cough*
Thanks. I didn't know BENQ build the monitor for Dell. Anyway, has been using it for a few months, and I am satistfied with the picture quality.