Suggestion for lens

bragbig

Jun 6, 2010
Singapore / Woodlands
I am travelling to HK in about 3 months times and one of the purpose of this trip is to get lens in HK as most of us know that it is cheaper...

Currently i am using Sigma 17-70mm f2.8-4 as my walkabout lens... Also i have a Canon 55-250mm and a Canon 50mm f1.8.

What is the next lens that i should be getting? UWA or a Telephoto lens?
Also anyone here can advice me on the new range on canon flashlight?

SHould i get the new Canon 320EX or the 270EX?
I will like to get a small flash and a 580EX II maybe...

What is it that you are looking for in your next lens and its intended use? Without defining your need and the fact that you are asking whether you should be buying a UWA or a telephoto, it seems to me that you are buying for the sake of buying. Perhaps if you do have a need, it helps to be more specific so that others can offer some advice to you as there are too many lenses out there.

Buy only what you need, need not buy for the sake of buying. No point getting the lens when you are not sure whether you will even use it.

Sorry... Haven define my needs for the lens... I like to take landscape and also thing that are far away... Anything that comes to my mind but basically that is my interest.

Please know the prices of some lenses are crazy now in HK, due to the situation in Japan.

Sorry... Haven define my needs for the lens... I like to take landscape and also thing that are far away... Anything that comes to my mind but basically that is my interest.

55-250 can do a decent telephoto, so there is no real hurry to get another telephoto lens (e.g. 70-200), unless you think that 55-250's IQ is not acceptable....therefore, I prefer to get a UWA instead.

55-250 can do a decent telephoto, so there is no real hurry to get another telephoto lens (e.g. 70-200), unless you think that 55-250's IQ is not acceptable....therefore, I prefer to get a UWA instead.

Does the 17-70mm consider a UWA? If not what UWA lens will u recommend?

It has a wide angle but not yet a UWA. On a cropped factor camera, you need to find lenses that provides focal range 16mm and below. E.g. Tokina 11-16mm, sigma 10-20mm, Nikkor 10-24mm and canon 10-22mm

Does the 17-70mm consider a UWA? If not what UWA lens will u recommend?

I will recommend a UWA that your eyes sees as perfect (e.g. Sigma vs Canon vs Nikkor) and at a lower cost :)

*If you can't spot the difference between the different UWAs, get the cheapest one there.*