Suggestion for large size/pano print and shoot ....

swhyge

Apr 5, 2003
Jurong
Visit site
I seeking some suggestions and advice:

1. I am tidying up a corner of my house and there is now a blank wall of up to 3.5 m wide..
2. I am thinking of putting my own "masterpiece" there (of course not up to 3 m wide..)
3. So thinking of taking a pano view of singapore..

4.. pls advise/suggest:

a. where would be the nice possible areas i should go try shoot... (I like the more natural scene, i do not want city scape, such as MBS.. is too 'boring' liao..)
b. assuming i got the shot, where can i go print such print... (maybe up to 1.5m length..).. any idea what would it cost?

Thanks

check out the Landscapes and travel sub forum . many suggestions till eyes go blur !

I seeking some suggestions and advice:

1. I am tidying up a corner of my house and there is now a blank wall of up to 3.5 m wide..
2. I am thinking of putting my own "masterpiece" there (of course not up to 3 m wide..)
3. So thinking of taking a pano view of singapore..

4.. pls advise/suggest:

a. where would be the nice possible areas i should go try shoot... (I like the more natural scene, i do not want city scape, such as MBS.. is too 'boring' liao..)
b. assuming i got the shot, where can i go print such print... (maybe up to 1.5m length..).. any idea what would it cost?

Thanks

a. In Singapore not easy to find mountains, lakes or waterfalls, but I heard we are surrounded by the sea, so there are plenty of beaches, except the horizon line usually with have commercial vessels, the beach may have litter and the sea may have floating coke bottles.
b. A0 size print is 46 inches or 1.19 metres. I forgot the cost.

Just another suggestion. If you want to fill up that blank wall, you can also start a project to display many of your favt shots in smaller sizes like S8R or A3 instead of 1 x large pano.

One day, you may get bored with the pano and i don't think its cheap to keep replacing it. Smaller sized shots are easier to replace and reposition and removed if you are bored and or have other plans for the wall.

hi bro, not sure on the shots you'll be preparing but heard from my friend dat in JB holiday plaza u mite b able to print at 200-300RM for 1.5mX 1M(NOT SURE OF QUALITY)
not sure if my info helps, but u can set dis as somewhere the base for printing, but i do like bro SkyStrike's idea of many samll sized photos together, at least we'll getta see
more pics rather den 1

Thanks all for suggestions....

This is more of a 'fun' project than an attempt to try display up my pic...

Honestly, my pics not quite there for 'display'
It has been almost 10 years in digital photo... and I only printed once and one photo only (my family portrait using D70!)

Places I tried looking since posted this idea .. Bt Timah hill (outcome no good), Mac. Reservoir (so-so), Bot. garden (i screwed up), recce LCK end yesterday (no bad, go again during high tide). will go to the Tree-Top to see (no sure can find a place to shoot pano of the bridge...).

The process of looking for this shot is a good family bonding/outing activity.