Suggestion for humid room/house

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnet6

Apr 21, 2004
not here often anymore
Just found green moulds on the celling on my room, any suggestions to prevent? :cry:

It depends which room you are talking about, and if it is near any source of condensation or water (ie bathroom, aircon etc)

Chances are, it could be that it's the floor above you if you don't have any 'condensation traps' in your room.

Ventilation is the obvious initial solution, but you might want to post a picture of it, and give more description ... maybe then more suggestions can pour in?

Just found green moulds on the celling on my room, any suggestions to prevent? :cry:

novita dehumidifier.
get the biggest.

downside:600 watts.your electric bills will be up about $20 per month, depending on how long you switch on everyday.mine is 24hours on.
my room humidity now is like 55-60%.

The alternative? Air conditioning :D Low humidity + nice temperatures

yup.

with a/c on, my room humidiy can hit 50%.
that's as good as a dricabi.
but i got a hunch a/c power cost more than the dehumidi:dunno:

hunch? wow... took a rocket scientist to figure that part out... :bsmilie:

dun lidat wor....u now gals aint interested in technical stuff wor.:cry:

Why you want your room to be at 55 RH? Got a grand piano in there?

sometimes i'm lazy to keep my camera and lenses, not to mention my room is ensuite, so after shower, the wet toilet will increase dampness of the room, especially in the morning before i go to work.
so i just leave the dehumd on.

Green Mould? Thats a sign of something really damp. I only see those in the shower area of my bathroom.

At least you don't seem to have it too bad. My friend has fungal problems in his house. Fungus grows everywhere.. on CDs, books, cupboards, and even his lenses in the dry cab...

Maybe check for saturation on the ceiling.

The thing you need to do is get a 25% bleach/75% water dilution and wipe the whole fungus-infected area.

novita dehumidifier.
get the biggest.

downside:600 watts.your electric bills will be up about $20 per month, depending on how long you switch on everyday.mine is 24hours on.
my room humidity now is like 55-60%.
roughly what is the cost of the thing???

btw, the mould only grew on one part of the celling, not sure what has my upper neighbour done to the floor... ice-skating. :sweat:

Green Mould? Thats a sign of something really damp. I only see those in the shower area of my bathroom.

At least you don't seem to have it too bad. My friend has fungal problems in his house. Fungus grows everywhere.. on CDs, books, cupboards, and even his lenses in the dry cab...

What about in-between the toes? :bsmilie:

Move to the Sunshine Coast, here in Queensland.

Settle down on Bribie Island.

No more humidity problem and we can do lunch :bsmilie:

Edit, edit, edit.. just noticed you are male. Forget lunch, we will meet up for a beer :sweatsm:

You need to scrape the wall clean... then use an oil-based priming coat... followed by good quality paint. For serious areas, use anti-fungus paint.

Good quality paint is very important. Dehumidifiers, etc, serve to protect your equipment, but it's not necessary if your problem is just mould.

We don't put dehumidifiers in the toilets so that mould won't appear on the ceiling right? Just use the right paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.