Suggestion for Flim

Status
Not open for further replies.
lighthouse21 said:
Hi , Me going to Nepal soon . BTW anyone care to share wat negative flim
beside slide suitable for it ????

If cost is not an issue, Fuji Reala 100 and 400 will serve you well.

If cost is an issue, the normal Fuji 200 and 400 will do just fine.

Remember to bring lots of film, because a roll of 36-shot film in Nepal costs USD$25 to USD$50 (depending who's chopping your head).

And, carry all your film in another carry bag for hand inspection. You'll don't want to send the film thru the x-ray machines, as they are not reliable. Then again, same here for Changi's x-ray machines... i get paranoid.

there's a risk of the IR damaging the neg in terms of exposure.
If you can afford the space, bring along your developer and develop your neg's there and bring back. that way also can minimise risk with XRAY machines as well previewing your shots for any reshoots if necessary :)

SniperD said:
If you can afford the space, bring along your developer and develop your neg's there and bring back.

Yah, and use the pure mountian water right?? SniperD ;p you are kidding right....

any idea how much it cost for fuji superia 200 and 400????

where get cheaper?

Developing n printing is slightly cheaper in Nepal - at least it is if you have a friend who speaks Nepalese. i don't know what the tourist price is though.

i didn't know the price of film was so exorbitant in Nepal.

Yecks, my slides passed thru the x ray machines last mth dunno how many times! :sweat: 2 domestic flights, 1 flight go 1 flight home. So.....wat will it do to my slides? Die die die die die die die die.......................

By the way, Fuji Superia 100 is quite good

i got 3 in a pack fuji supria x-tra 400 at $11.

DamN!>......Gana kerto (cut throat) by Ruby Photo)...

$3.3 for superia 200 and $3.70 for superia 400.....i can buy extra 2 rolls if i bought from CP....too bad that nite they dont have stock liao....dont want to go down there again....! :confused: :confused:

Either Fujia Reala 100 or Kodak Elite 200 for outdoor work.

Superia 400 for non flash indoor use.

Fuji Press 800 for flash work indoors.

Chromes (E6):
A combination of E100G (Kodak) plus Fuji Astia.

E100G has a warmer (more yellow) colour cast than the Astia which has a slight bias to blue/green as do most Fuji emulsions. E100G is really a good rival to Velvia in many situations plus has the added bonus of being a stop faster at 100 ISO and a better performer in full sun.

Also as you'll be at fairly high altitudes it is worth investing a few bucks in a Skylight 1B filter as this does a better job of reducing UV haze at altitude than a 1A Skylight or UV-A.

fuji superia xtra400. no worries 4ever dude...

so 200 would be fine for normal outdoor work?
i always use 400 since i dun have falsh yet........
then can save my money next time liao......

Status
Not open for further replies.