Suggestion for a Digicam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mriz

thanks fruitybix...
together with the camera, i got myself a 256MB Ridata CF, a 55-52 adapter, a UV filter and a set of Sanyo 1850 NiMH batt with charger. Wanted to get an external flash, and the uncle at AP said I can get one for ard $80. But decided to hold of the purchase for awhile...

That's excellent stuff...And you will find that as a point-and-shoot, the 602Z is generally OK. But fiddle around with the Manual, Aperture, and Shutter modes, you will find some interesting possibilities with your shots.

However, do hold of any further purchases until such a time when you are comfortable with the cam. And if you do decide to get extre lens and filters, bring you cam along to try on. Worst thing you can do to yourself is to buy accessorise independent of your cam... i know, been there, done that :cry:

You could however, get a tripod (a cheap one will do, should not cost you more than $40), plus an external flash. I have recently gotten a Metz 32-Z1 (apparently, new at Fotoguide, Peninsula is $170).

You can find other compatible flash as well. the Vivitar 285 (perhaps one of the cheapest compatible flash), and the Nikon SB 22-24-26-27 etc are all pretty OK. You will find most use for a flash once you are comfy with the Manual mode. The poll will give you an idea what folks generally use.

Most importantly, have fun, because this is what its all about.
:) And if you can, See you at SEED this 15 Jan, i think you are going to find a whole bunch of photo enthusisasts and experts who will be more than willing to offer you any help...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.