Suggestion for a Belt Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbangR

Jun 17, 2008
Hi all

I'm looking for a belt camera bag that can hold 1 DSLR and 1 additional lens for travel.
Any suggestions?

I found Lowepro Inverse 100AW interesting.
Anyone has one of this?

TIA

sorry.. 1 DSLR with lens + 1 additional lens. So a total of 2 lenses.

Hi all

I'm looking for a belt camera bag that can hold 1 DSLR and 1 additional lens for travel.
Any suggestions?

I found Lowepro Inverse 100AW interesting.
Anyone has one of this?

TIA

I purchased the Inverse 100AW from Cathy Photo some months ago. It can hold three lens, two on the sides and one attached to the camera. If you are asking whether it suits me, then the answer is yes because it serves it purpose, not too big nor small. For security, you can also rotate it around to your front depending on how tightly you adjust the strap. Have yet to have an opportunity to test out the cover. Also can even attach a light tripod at a stretch. Sometimes I just sling it across my shoulders.

However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing. For its bulk, some may prefer another model like the Slingshot.

I purchased the Inverse 100AW from Cathy Photo some months ago. It can hold three lens, two on the sides and one attached to the camera. If you are asking whether it suits me, then the answer is yes because it serves it purpose, not too big nor small. For security, you can also rotate it around to your front depending on how tightly you adjust the strap. Have yet to have an opportunity to test out the cover. Also can even attach a light tripod at a stretch. Sometimes I just sling it across my shoulders.

However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing. For its bulk, some may prefer another model like the Slingshot.

Thanks!
My lenses are Nikon 16-85 and 55-200.
It's good to hear the bag can hold another lens.
I will have to go to the store to really check it out.
I am just afraid if it is too bulky for a long walk or hike.

I don't really like a slingshot bag as you only put weight on one shoulder.
Once I walk with it for 8-10 hours and that shoulder hurt.
I'd rather bring a backpack.

Try looking at ThinkTank series?

Try looking at ThinkTank series?

Hi Luna

Thanks for the suggestion and I am also looking at it.
However, upon learning on the pricing, I was a bit put off as my budget is within $100.
But, looking at the Think Tank pictures online, you can obviously tell that these are made of higher quality materials.

Anyone here has the National Geographic or Tamron belt bags and willing to share their experience.

I don't recall NatGeo making beltpacks, and even if they did, it would be very pricey.

I dont recall much camera bag makers tht produce Belt bag, most i seen are from ThinkTanks series, while the national geographic is way to small for your needs.

Nat Geo bags are not anyway cheaper then ThinkTanks too. ;)

i use the Think Tank Change Up and am very happy with it. it is the most compact-looking camera waistpouch i've encountered. has a removable inner bucket, with configurable dividers that are usable even without the inner bucket.

the 2 (included) harness straps are easily and quickly adjustable, and i have carried the bag in various configurations such as beltpack-only, cross-body single sling, hipster pouch + shoulder sling. comes with rain cover.

I have the Inverse 100 and i think it will be able to hold your gear rather well, and you will still have space for another lens.

However it is not for all occassions. My biggest size lens is the Tokina 11-16mm. Bigger lens may have difficulty fitting while the 100AW is about the largest of this design I would feel comfortable wearing.

I agree on this, if you are planning to get bigger lens, you might not be able to fit them all in.
My biggest lens now is the sigma 24-70 (the older non HSM one) and i can only fit it in after taking out all the divider.

It is not really bulky and should be ok for long walk. I like it because i can access the gear inside quite easily.

got budget: TT Change Up
no budget: Inverse 100AW

:)

Wow...:bigeyes: excellent suggestions.. thanks to all

I am not planning to get the bigger, heavier f2.8 lenses. I like travelling light.
The only other lens that I may consider bringing is a 30mm or 50mm or a UWA (12-24).

The change up looks quite massive to me :)
So, it's down to TT Speed Demon or Inverse 100AW to me.
I'd go down to CP or AP this long weekend and have a look.

Only TK Foto and John 3:16 carry Think Tank products, AFAIK :)

Wow...:bigeyes: excellent suggestions.. thanks to all

I am not planning to get the bigger, heavier f2.8 lenses. I like travelling light.
The only other lens that I may consider bringing is a 30mm or 50mm or a UWA (12-24).

The change up looks quite massive to me :)
So, it's down to TT Speed Demon or Inverse 100AW to me.
I'd go down to CP or AP this long weekend and have a look.

Change Up is almost same size as Speed Demon...:)

Only TK Foto and John 3:16 carry Think Tank products, AFAIK :)

recently, OP also started to sell TT products...

therefore, TS can see Lowepro and TT products at either OP or J316...one stop shop to compare both bags...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.