Suggested places of shoot in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi all, will be going for business trip to Toronto, Vancouver and Seattle.

For those who went to these places before, any advise on where and what to look out for for great pics?? Esp Niagra Falls, where is the best vantage point, etc.

Thanks in advance!

For those who went to these places before, any advise on where and what to look out for for great pics?? Esp Niagra Falls, where is the best vantage point, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Hiya!

A few places you can try in Vancouver.

1. Stanley Park
2. Granville Island
3. Gas town

The 3 places above are abit on the touristy side...but I guess you should be able to get good photo opportunities.

One more place...Steveston village....its a fishing port of sorts...nice place...fantastic fish and chips along with the scenes there :)

Sorry I can't give you any more than the names of the places. I had a guide when I was there so I did not pay alot of attention to the directions.

Oops, left out Vancouver Island and the city's waterfront as well.

Hope you enjoy Vancouver!

I'm from toronto, so welcome!

Best shooting places around here would be the downtown area, if you can just spend a day walking around and you'll find plenty of things to shoot. I put some of my shots here: http://picasaweb.google.com/derweic/DowntownToronto

another place well recommended is called the Guild. it's a park with a bunch of historical structures.

and i'd also recommend milne dam. looks especially nice when covered in snow

as for niagra falls, not too sure about the best vantage point. but while you're at the falls, check out niagra on the lake. i hear that's quite scenic too.

have fun! be sure to dress warmly too... it's been quite cold lately

Thanks for your feedbacks!

dw2chan, good to hear that you are from toronto ;) How long is it from downtown to Niagra falls and what is the best way to get there?

Open for more suggestions, Thanks!

Drive down QEW and it takes about 2 hours plus. Parking at Niagra Falls is the nearer to the falls, the more expensive. I usually park some distance away, can walk around town when getting to the falls and back.

Thanks.

Any pics taken there to show will be great :)

yea...it's about a 2hr drive down the QEW. as for pics, check out flickr, search for niagra falls i'm sure a ton of images will come up

also play with google maps. i find their satellite imaging is great for scouting locations

Thanks in advance!

Don't miss out Victoria BC.

Yea am in Toronto now! Will be in Victoria as well.

How long do you reckon is enough to shoot niagra falls and what part of the day is best these few days of winter??

oh wow...you're already here?
it's a shame because it doesnt look too nice outside...all the snow is grey and dirty...

i'd give niagra falls a full day, or if you cant do a full day, do a half day starting in the late afternoon. (i'm not too sure if they light up the falls yet at night)

best time to shoot now? i'd say sunrise to a few hours past....and a few hours before sunset to sunset.
especially for days like today where it's overcast and everything just looks dull and flat

Niagara Falls in Winter should be nice. In summer, the falls are lighted up, not sure about in winter. Not easy for night pics though (my skills not good also). If you want a wide angle shot with both falls, a good place would be at the Maid of the Mist boarding point. I find this the best angle.

I think it will be interesting to tour Niagara Falls in winter. Quite cold, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.