suggest a fast PnS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxxkat

Jun 5, 2007
hi, i've tried Fuji point&shoot (forgot which model) and canon Ixus 810.. both i find are rather slow in focusing.

any recommendation for a good and fast compact? preferably with RAW format (not compulsory) but i understand that's very limited in choice.

preferred brand is Ixus (coz for my significnat other half, not myself).

tia

hi, i've tried Fuji point&shoot (forgot which model) and canon Ixus 810.. both i find are rather slow in focusing.

any recommendation for a good and fast compact? preferably with RAW format (not compulsory) but i understand that's very limited in choice.

tia

Fuji F31fd for other half
Fuji F40fd for other half
Fuji F50fd for other half

Fuji S6500fd for self
Fuji S9600 for self
Fuji S5 Pro for self

You mean PnS with fast focusing capability or fast lens????

tia

tia

How about Nikon D40? It's a PnS disguised as a DSLR... No.. It's a DSLR disguised as a PnS... whatever.... ;p Sorry.. cannot shoot MPEG videos...

i mean fast focusing. ixus type of size and design preferred :)

D40 is a DSLR sir ..

if i buy another dslr again i will be banned from CS permanently. and any shops that sell cameras.

i mean fast focusing. ixus type of size and design preferred :)

Fuji S6500fd for self
Fuji S9600 for self
Fuji S5 Pro for self
Canon S5 IS for self
Canon G7 for self
Canon A640 for self
Nikon P5000 for self

I have a Fuji F20 for my wife and I helped my Sis-In-Law to buy a fuji F31d...:)

Fuji S6500fd for self
Fuji S9600 for self
Fuji S5 Pro for self
Canon S5 IS for self
Canon G7 for self
Canon A640 for self
Nikon P5000 for self

no Ixus in this calibre? :embrass:

Bro foxxkat, if you really want to get for other half, pls wait for the F50fd, a replacement model for the F31fd. There are still places selling the F31fd at $499 if you cannot wait.

www.dpreview.com and www.dcresource.com have good reviews on the F31fd.

Wait for the F50fd if you can. Month end PC Show will intro the F50fd, the Z100fd, S8000fd, F480.

Bro foxxkat, if you really want to get for other half, pls wait for the F50fd, a replacement model for the F31fd. There are still places selling the F31fd at $499 if you cannot wait.

www.dpreview.com and www.dcresource.com have good reviews on the F31fd.

Wait for the F50fd if you can. Month end PC Show will intro the F50fd, the Z100fd, S8000fd, F480.
why ixus bcoz can fit into handbag easily.. :) and the design ofcoz.
will chk out the F31fd in the shops..

i realised it's using xD. is the F50fd using SD card?

no prob, i can wait.

yup found the F50fd preview. can use SDHC!! cool

looking good.

except the design a bit odd.. like the top corner kena chopped off

Status
Not open for further replies.