Suggest a DSLR camer from the following list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrclhr

Mar 25, 2008
Pakistan
www.itpaindu.com
Hi All,

Please suggest me some good DSLR camera as I am planning to buy for myself, I have selected the following models from

the PC Show, please give me any feedback or recommendation on these models. Many Thanks

Canon:
Canon EOS400D S$1,199 (Kit EF-S 18-55) and only Body S$1,049

Pentax:
Pentax K100D Super S$1,150 + 75-300mm (Freebies)

Sony:
Sony Alpha-350K S$1,399 / Only Body S$1,199
Sony Alpha-200k S$999

Regards,
Naveed

bro, ur canon EOS 400D $1,199 got any freebies??

Yes it has the following freebies.
CF2GB x 2, EOS Lense Workbook, EOS Bag, 20 DVD+R Discs, 120GB Ext HDD, NB-2L Battery.

Choose yourself! Canon users would say canon, Pentax say Pentax, Sony to Sony. But what do u say? Fit ur needs? If unsure just goto places like dpreview.com or steves-digicams.com and look at the specs, go there hold it, see which model speaks to you.

First: go to any reputable shop and have a hands-on test. See if the ergonomics of the cam suits your hands and fingers. Secondly: as stated in many threads here the PC Show is not a place to get a camera (otherwise they would name it Cam Show, right?). All these freebies are just cheap attraction and sometimes even useless or cheaper to get somewhere else.
Do some homework (there are price lists here in the forum) and visit some shops in a relaxed atmosphere for some good checking. The rush and mess of a PC Show is the last thing you want to have when spending a lot of hard-earned money.

PC show is the place for you to try out all the camera on the list, and get the hand-ons feel, without given white eye if you don't buy. So go and try it hands on and see which you like. Then you may purchase from there or other places later.

Actually even though I'm a Canon user, I would go for the Sony Alpha A350 based on it's specifications and value for money. It's a really a worthwhile deal. And Carl Zeiss lenses are pretty tempting too though they aren't cheap.

I think A300 is cheaper and with better noise control compare to A350, faster FPS also.

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments.

Any comments of Sony Alpha 200, because its under my budget like S$999

Quick comment from noob...

For me I think is good to get a cheap dslr to play around 1st see whether u like it or not. At the same times, u learn it... Is not as easy as it saw... (this is from my few days experience... maybe i'm too stupid or wat... haha). I bought a second hand dslr n play around. Is cheap n really worth it for playing. Maybe the photo quality not as good as other brand (like nikon and canon) but is good enuff for those ppl who start learning. I know dslr is the long term investment.... somebody might say why not go direct to the brand u like...eg nikon or canon... but i thought is... play around with 2nd hand, learn the skill... and will sell it n go for better 1 (different brand). If u sold ur 2nd hand dslr, u also won't lost much as original 1.

p/s: bought ~$700 dslr and come with 2 lens...

Consider the range of accessories and lenses, both third party and original, before making your decision.

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.