Subways in Tokyo....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
Subway is a very popular form of transport in Tokyo. They were fast....
02220074-train.jpg

The subways together with "above-ground" trains helped to ferry lots of people across the various parts of Tokyo everyday. They were often jam packed. Most of the younger ones would have thought the carriage is too full but this experienced old man obviously thought otherwise. With great agility, he squeezes in!!!
02220072-train.jpg

On the train, the people either sleep or reads, making full use of the time. There were lots of people wearing mask too in Tokyo. They wore them everywhere, in the subways, alongside roads, or even in department stores!!!
02220071-train.jpg

At the exit, the human traffic continues. Japanese are fast....
02220076-train.jpg

This is my first piece here. Look forward to your comments!

Hee lucky I nebber live/work there....can even feel the stress seeing you photos :D

Why they wear the mask? Pollution very bad there?

Originally posted by Blitz
Hee lucky I nebber live/work there....can even feel the stress seeing you photos :D

dunno. feels alright for me. anyway, those that are wearing mask, wear it everywhere!

Originally posted by Blitz

Yes, pollution is very bad in Tokyo. Both from cars as well as the factories. If you walk around outside for half a day or so, and use a wet tissue to wipe your face, you will see what I mean.

The last pict's exposure seems to be a little too long? All the people looks like ghost... is that what you are trying to achieve? If you like streaking people, can try a slightly shorter exposure.

Originally posted by mpenza
It's about 0.7s. They moved too fast!!!! ;p
Wah, they so rush. I like the pix. Turn out to be very nice effect. Ghost in Subway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.