Subway removes ham and bacon from nearly 200 stores and offers halal meat

Okay.. thats it.. the end is near!

Check more news found on youtube and you will see more concerning trends and direction then this news about bowing to pressure.... Anyway not something we should be speculating here but something to note about what's possibly happening around the world.

Last edited:
To borrow a line from the Godfather

It's only business. Nothing personal.

They must have reviewed and ham meal volume is low. Otherwise they would have more options. No ham no beef so next ?

Its a business... In Malaysia, I heard Subway is already Halal...

Personally... don't see it as such a big deal also... isn't Mc, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut all Halal...

It is normal. The company is global. The market is local for the local branches. They adjust to local culture and majority's needs. In Thailand, I could find fast food pork burgers. In Middle East countries that is not likely.
There is no right or wrong. It is just business.

https://www.facebook.com/BurgerKingThailand

photo credit: www.flickr.com
images

Last edited:
Its a business... In Malaysia, I heard Subway is already Halal...

Personally... don't see it as such a big deal also... isn't Mc, BK, KFC, Pizza Hut all Halal...

of coz it is a big deal, if you frequent subway, majority of their meals got ham. cold cut trio, turkey and ham, italian BMT , subway melt, subway club..and etc...

of coz it is a big deal, if you frequent subway, majority of their meals got ham. cold cut trio, turkey and ham, italian BMT , subway melt, subway club..and etc...

I do eat subway.... but mostly Tuna or Chicken... it can also replace Ham with Turkey Ham or other meat...

huh? u mean all these while is not halal? my malay friends frequent subway! my god!

The famous Subway BLT means bacon, lettuce and tomato. All along non-Halal if their bacon is from a pig.

So glad Subway has now converted!

[video=youtube;NI1l17Q60as]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI1l17Q60as[/video]

To Halal!

Subway is delicious and if more of my friends can enjoy it why not?

huh? u mean all these while is not halal? my malay friends frequent subway! my god!

Not all Muslim are so strict in their diet... Alot of my friends will eat as long as NO pork or lard... But the restaurant certainly isn't Halal.

The news is for United Kingdom (UK)..., why you all talk like as if Singapore is affected?

Subway (Singapore) said:
Are SUBWAY® Restaurants in Singapore certified HALAL?

Currently SUBWAY® Restaurants in Singapore are not HALAL certified. Every segment of the market in Singapore is important to us and eventually we hope to have our menu items available to everyone. At this point in time, due to various market, regulatory and business issues, we are not able to move forward with obtaining HALAL certification but do be assured that we will communicate about its availability to the public once it is obtained.