Subsim Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to play those very old submarine simulator game when I was young. Quite interesting, hide under the water for hours, wait for cargo ships to come then torpedo them, then when the destroyer come, got to submerge very very quickly otherwise gonna bomb left right centre....

Astin said:
Used to play those very old submarine simulator game when I was young. Quite interesting, hide under the water for hours, wait for cargo ships to come then torpedo them, then when the destroyer come, got to submerge very very quickly otherwise gonna bomb left right centre....

use 'Force' hide mah.

ninelives said:
use 'Force' hide mah.
Got force hide? I think the game was called U-boat or U688 or something like that. Still remember watching the monochrome monitor which looked like a radar screen, and the speaker making those silly "beep" sound.

Astin said:
Got force hide? I think the game was called U-boat or U688 or something like that. Still remember watching the monochrome monitor which looked like a radar screen, and the speaker making those silly "beep" sound.

think its called 688 Attack Sub. used to play on my old 386. ;)

u can actually still find it on some abandonware sites like this http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1933

Wolfgang said:
Are there any subsims fan here? :)

I still play Silent Service II and Wolfpack when I have free time.

too bad harpoon 4 is canned. or else should be a good subsim.

I'm more a fleet command fan.

good link for naval warfare fans here

i'm a "anything navy" fan... collect USN insignias, uniforms, naval history, flight sims etc...
anyone here with similar interests? Its not as expensive a hobby as photography, but i may have to sell some of my collecttion to fund my (new) photography hobby! :bheart:

what prompted this question wolfgang? want to set up a clubsnap SUBRON?

foxtwo said:
I'm more a fleet command fan.

good link for naval warfare fans here
Long before the computer games appears, there were board wargames, some popular ones are "Midway", "Bismarck", etc, I think the company name that made them were called Avalon Hill. It was much more exciting to play against a human player on a board than play against a computer..... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.