Submission of images to multiple competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danntbt

Jul 28, 2004
Chestnut
dannytoh.multiply.com
Some competitions have the following clause:

Photographs that have won awards or have been submitted for other contest or competition will not be accepted.

Technically if a photographer took multiple shots of a certain composition, and submit these separate but similar images to multiple compettions, would he have breeched the terms and condition of the competition?

I have seen a number of similar images in various competitions, and some have actually been shortlisted or even won in compettions.... I am not sure if these are one of a series or the same image, but have they infringed on the rules and regulation?

...alternatively if an image have been submitted to a competition that have such ruling first, and then re-submit to another that does not have such ruling....?

Last edited:
As you have mentioned, sometimes the rules can have grey areas, in a situation like this, it's always advisable to contact the competition organiser to see of your entry would be accepted or rejected.

Theoretically if your image is not the same image then they are distinct entities as far as the law and copyright is concerned for example. However at the end of the day competitions are privately run with their own set of rules so it's a bit of a grey area.

..well i guess unless its a really major thing like UOB and such maybe the organiser will make a big deal out of it or unless someone protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.