Subaru STI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dino C.

May 15, 2006
154127904_104f8408fc.jpg

Hi fellow snappers,

I have been encouraged by a friend, a regular here, to show my car photos for C & C. Er... actually i not sure what C & C stands for, gotta be critique and ....

The above photograph has not been in any way edited...

Thank you for your comments.

regards.

hi Sausage,

Wow:eek: ... I not expecting comment in 2 minutes after I post...

Er... Digital camera and suction tripod for cars.

Thank you

Regards.

Wow! Great shot. Nice exposure and the angle of the shot is unique?

You mentioned suction tripod for cars? Care to show us the product? Or a link maybe? :)

Hi Canew,

154210708_75ec47f425_m.jpg

Sorry I don't have a photo of my set-up... But my suction is the same as the photo above, except I have much longer tripod rods.

regards.

and that equipement don look cheap to me

nice.. i believe i will look awsome for night shoots.. :thumbsup:

hi,

I have lots of night shots as well, but i read that only 1 photo can be posted in this section, Critique Corner per week.

You can see my little Avatar photo.

Maybe next week i will post a night shot.

Regards

C & C is Critique and Comment i believe. anyway is putting that thing outside the car legal? hmmm very interested. :bheart:

oh yes, it is very illegal to stick anything other than spoilers, marjong tables, bamboo stick out of any car. :bsmilie:

Nah... the car was driven in circle in an empty car park and at very slow speeds.

regards.

Woah .. my favourite kind of shot :lovegrin: .. its an STi somemore :sweatsm:... love the effect ... :think: wonder if you find an empty road.. a few buddies and you racing down with this kinda rig ... you get the idea :devil:

hi dethAngel,

I have also taken the shots you are refering to before, have my camera mounted on one car with another car in frame, but not exactly on public road. Perhaps I can post that after a week. I kinda dont wanna bend the the rules here since I am not suppose to post more than one photo for critique per week.

My Avatar picture is something like that, except it is more interesting when the camera is very close to the ground/road. With wide angle lense is even more fierce, but tends to look somewhat "Photoshopped". A bit too unbelievable...

I had looked at your Webshots album, refering to your night shots of High Court. Bascially, it is not necessary to go fast on public , Quote: "wonder if you find an empty road.. a few buddies and you racing down with this kinda rig ...", just have to open the camera shuttle a bit longer, the trouble is that day shots are very very tricky.

Thank you for your compliments:)

regards.

Dino C. said:
Hi Canew,

154210708_75ec47f425_m.jpg

Sorry I don't have a photo of my set-up... But my suction is the same as the photo above, except I have much longer tripod rods.

regards.
Dino C., thanks a lot for sharing. I've learnt something new today. :)

wow..

takes a brave man to stick his camera to the outside of a moving car...

Dino where did ya buy the suction plate?

impressive set-up :thumbsup:

Hi eugenep,

I had a friend buy it for me from the States, very very tricky to select the proper parts, I gave up trying to order online. Best you have the store show you the complete set up installed before paying since shipping is very expensive if they leave out some connectors or rods. You also gotta to figure out different rods for different shots as well.... Also, mine is set-up for video camera that required heavy duty base plate.

Good luck.

hi guys,

I see quite a lot of people are excited about car suction mounts like myself before I got it.

I think I should give a little advice/warning about them. They are really not easy to set-up, I need my assistant around and it takes quite a while. One man very difficult to operate. More importantly, it can easily cause damage to the car and camera equipment.

Suction are not permanent, they will eventually fall off, problem is not knowing exactly when? Good suctions system that stick on strong, are big and have powerful vacum suctions, but also means that they are too strong to stick on certain parts of a car, especially in the middle of the door panel. Yes, can easily make the car's panels bubble/reverse dents.

However, weak suctions put your video/camera equipment at risk... Especially, true when the car is in motion and as the car shakes, it slowly unplugs the suctions..

I have been "playing" with them for almost a year, and there are really so many factors involved to get it right. Please do not ask me for my list of damaged equipment. :mad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.