subaru 'baru'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayie1786

Nov 18, 2007
CCK
hi guys... my 2nd attempt here in the critic corner...

TSSideProfilev2.jpg

picture shows my brother's new (baru in malay, thus the title) subaru impreza TS which he asked me to photograph coz he wanted to 'showcase' it to his friends :bsmilie:

was shot at a multi-storey carpark opposite bbdc, and the lights carried a yellow cast. did some PP coz i wanted to get rid of the yellowish tint from the lamps in the carpark.

shot with my kit lens and in RAW mode.. i will post again to give the details of the shot since it is in my laptop... in the mean time...

is it too dark? or can it be better with a different background? and lastly... composition wise ok? i hope to get any form of C & C.

thank you in advance

I think it is a little dark in the front. Since you wanted to showcase the car, would be better to show more details of the car, especially the front.

A fill-in flash would have helped.

I think it is a little dark in the front. Since you wanted to showcase the car, would be better to show more details of the car, especially the front.

A fill-in flash would have helped.

thanks blackpearl... will definitely take note of that now that i have gotten my flash.... :D

my limited and personal opinion, the shot should preferably be taken with blue sky, some background that could bring out the white of the car. May be on windy road, a shot of the red brake caliper, the front side air damp etc.

my limited and personal opinion, the shot should preferably be taken with blue sky, some background that could bring out the white of the car. May be on windy road, a shot of the red brake caliper, the front side air damp etc.

yes i agree....maybe go to marina south or changi or wherever that looks "American desert"....ahh even better idea.....let me shoot for u la....hehehe:bsmilie:

hmmm...good idea... will try to find time maybe after my exams to try this out...
thanks CT for the feedback... ;)

yes i agree....maybe go to marina south or changi or wherever that looks "American desert"....ahh even better idea.....let me shoot for u la....hehehe:bsmilie:

:bigeyes: let u shoot ?? can la...after may...:bsmilie:

after May??? sure ahh!!! set!! i use your cam then u play with my cam ok...:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

goodlooking car indeed:) if one cant shoot a car in a studio like the pro"s then one need to take them out into great looking locations,:think:shoot them against sunsets or twilight, or even on the streets during the night:think:under the neon lights even... if u remove the background,sharpen the front left side,tinker it in PS u can still get a great pic:)

mmm. The background is certainly a turn off. Just wondering. If have 2 wireless flash, 1 on the front right of the car to remove the shadow and make the lighting a little more even light and 1 on the rear left to brighten it a little. Hopefully it will make the background even darker to make us think is a black background. not sure if it will work the way i hope it will.

mmm. The background is certainly a turn off. Just wondering. If have 2 wireless flash, 1 on the front right of the car to remove the shadow and make the lighting a little more even light and 1 on the rear left to brighten it a little. Hopefully it will make the background even darker to make us think is a black background. not sure if it will work the way i hope it will.

that was actually wat i was trying to achieve... but alas... failed:cry:
then again it was a lesson learnt...
thanks Richter for the comments:)

suggest a tighter crop here and cloning away some of the background clutter, as well as some perspective correction to make the shot look slightly "wider".

e.g.
TSSideProfilev2_b.jpg

agree with the previous comments that some strobes to bring out the details of the front of the car would be helpful.

thank u for the link... definitely a great help! :)

suggest a tighter crop here and cloning away some of the background clutter, as well as some perspective correction to make the shot look slightly "wider".

e.g.
TSSideProfilev2_b.jpg

agree with the previous comments that some strobes to bring out the details of the front of the car would be helpful.

thank u zaren... like i said..i will try it out since i got me-self a flash unit oredi... ;)

come to think of it, u had plenty of light.i think shifting the car a little would have made the shot.

a lower perspective would have made the car more (if i may borrow another malay word) "garang" which is good if you want to show of the car right?

come to think of it, u had plenty of light.i think shifting the car a little would have made the shot.

a lower perspective would have made the car more (if i may borrow another malay word) "garang" which is good if you want to show of the car right?

thank u for ur comments... the only source of light there was from the HDB block just beside the MSCP and carpark lights... i was actually concerned that it would come out with an 'orange' tint, which nevertheless happened... i wud consider shifting the cars position next time round and go lower... thank you all for the c&c... really appreciate it... :D

Also you might want to angle the front wheels to the right to show off the rims and give it a more dynamic look.

I think it would have looked better with the car headlights turned on to low beam

Status
Not open for further replies.