Stupid Starhum Cable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma

Aug 13, 2005
Local
Currently got no contract with Starhum Cable TV, saw the promotion on the free gift, thinking of getting it and give as a house warming present.

1. Found out need to be a new owner.
2. Existing suscrible not entitle even if upgrade of plan.

Was ask to terminate the Cable TV and reconnect back after 2 month than can consider as new suscrible.

WTF..:eek: if i could go without the cable tv for 2 month, i would never take up again since there program are alway repeating and the local chanel is repeating shortly after..

Kind of stupid for them to do that..

Have discuss with wife and decide to remove totally..

One less customer for them and one less bills for me.

Just wondering what kind of Promo team they have... :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

If you have been following/noticing the promos, it also depends on the promos. Some promos do allow existing customers w/o contract to recontract but must top up some money. Also, this terminate for 2months thingy is not entirely true. The clause is "Promotion is not applicable to customers who terminate their service after 17 November 2006". So, eg. if you had terminated on 15th Nov for some reason, and suddenly this promo came abt, you can enjoy this promo.

Currently got no contract with Starhum Cable TV, saw the promotion on the free gift, thinking of getting it and give as a house warming present.

Was ask to terminate the Cable TV and reconnect back after 2 month than can consider as new suscrible.

WTF..:eek: if i could go without the cable tv for 2 month, i would never take up again since there program are alway repeating and the local chanel is repeating shortly after..

It's been like that for dunno how any years and now only you found out ? :sweat:

go PUB and watch loh...

or u could write in to Mac Donalds.. ask them to telecast it.

:think:

Had the same situation as yours. Have been subscribing to Starhub cabletv and maxonline for the past 3 yrs and paying $100++ every mth. And all they care is just "new" customers. It seems to me as they do not really care about their existing customers and the hike in their sportsgroup really pissed me off. :( Guess any further hikes in their existing rates, I will have to terminate it and go to the kopitiams to watch with the ah peks.

That doesn't seem to be entirely true. Which promotion were you looking at?

I checked out one promtion - the FREE SONY Home Theatre System worth $499 with StarHub Digital Cable as an example

If you check this page, http://cabletv.starhub.com/promo/dvr1206_login.jsp there is a provision for existing Cable TV subscribers to recontract - although you would not get it free but at a promotional price

By signing up to this offer, I can purchase the Digital Video Recorder set-top box worth $698.25 at a special price of $299.25 and subscribe to SMART TV service for $5.25 monthly, and also undertake the installation fee of $31.50.

I checked out one promtion - the FREE SONY Home Theatre System worth $499 with StarHub Digital Cable as an example

If you check this page, http://cabletv.starhub.com/promo/dvr1206_login.jsp there is a provision for existing Cable TV subscribers to recontract - although you would not get it free but at a promotional price

By signing up to this offer, I can purchase the Digital Video Recorder set-top box worth $698.25 at a special price of $299.25 and subscribe to SMART TV service for $5.25 monthly, and also undertake the installation fee of $31.50.

yeah. and i just called to recontract my maxonline. gotten a free laptop, haven't collect from hp yet. not sure about cable tv though, me seldom watch tv.

edit : hmm.....noticed the cable tv indeed no freebies for exsiting customers. oh well, problem with monopolies.

their advertisement lately is having models say, "I'm a Hub"
really funny considering what came into my mind is a square boxy network hub...
ok lame thing, but I'm a tech geek mah...

monopoly rocks!!!!! If have have access to statelite TV then cable will be forced to do something

i receive $200 discount voucher. this voucher can be use to get discount on handset price if I suscribe new line. throw away the voucher cause I don't want to be tied up with them... (current subscriber of maxonline and cable)... I don't want all my subscription from them... :thumbsd:

EXISTING Customer not CUSTOMER meh.. Sinknet suc k now Starhum also.. The discount really suc k big time for existing customer.. sack the promo team.. useless team..:thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd:

It's been like that for dunno how any years and now only you found out ? :sweat:

Hahaha..... ya lor.. kena chop many year liao still can't get some offer from them.. sigh.. TERMINATE their service liao.. rather spend the money buy some lastest DVD..

If you have been following/noticing the promos, it also depends on the promos. Some promos do allow existing customers w/o contract to recontract but must top up some money. Also, this terminate for 2months thingy is not entirely true. The clause is "Promotion is not applicable to customers who terminate their service after 17 November 2006". So, eg. if you had terminated on 15th Nov for some reason, and suddenly this promo came abt, you can enjoy this promo.

how come they never advice me on that huh..:bsmilie::bsmilie: you work for them huh..:bsmilie:

Heh heh... been watching Korean show(series) after terminate SCV..
Nothing much has been change..
Thought i might miss a lot..:p somehow i think it's no big deal..
Now the SCV can go fly kite liao... 1 less customer..:sticktong

What a bunch of stupid promotion team...:thumbsd:

They are so afraid of customer taking advantage of them n come out with such a stupid plan for existing customer..what a short sighted teams..:thumbsd::thumbsd:

i'm also waiting to terminate all my starhum services once contract finished next year:)
went away for 2 months... my family tells me they make threatening calls to issue lawyer letters... I call back they inform me all calls not recorded so unable to track down who is the bugger who threaten my family...

i'm also waiting to terminate all my starhum services once contract finished next year:)
went away for 2 months... my family tells me they make threatening calls to issue lawyer letters... I call back they inform me all calls not recorded so unable to track down who is the bugger who threaten my family...

I think this company need to learn some basic business skill.:thumbsd::thumbsd: Wat a shame!:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.