Stupid Question to ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a dry cabinet in Australia. I haven't come acrossed more than a handful of those there. I find your concern about losing the camera unfounded. You can lose your camera anywhere in the world. I just can't see the logic of not using anything for fear that it might get stolen. In fact, I can't see the logic of buy the camera in the first place if that's a concern of yours.

You don't need a dry cabinet in Australia. I haven't come acrossed more than a handful of those there. I find your concern about losing the camera unfounded. You can lose your camera anywhere in the world. I just can't see the logic of not using anything for fear that it might get stolen. In fact, I can't see the logic of buy the camera in the first place if that's a concern of yours.

haha...kinda scolded by u....first time spend so much beside my laptop n desktop...give chance...

haha...kinda scolded by u....first time spend so much beside my laptop n desktop...give chance...

I might get into trouble for being "unfriendly" again.

I'm not scolding you. This is coming from someone who spent 5 years in Melbourne with $20k worth of equipment...... your worries are unfounded.

I might get into trouble for being "unfriendly" again.

I'm not scolding you. This is coming from someone who spent 5 years in Melbourne with $20k worth of equipment...... your worries are unfounded.

i be going there...studying at Deakin University...i understand your kind intention...no worries...just that i dont know whether the student hostel safe to put that kind of stuff...

I do agree. my friends who own DSLR Camera have asked me that if I do not want to bring the camera there, ask me dont buy first and Wait till I save up all the money about $3000 then buy it....coz currently I have no money to buy dry cabinet, Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 Di Macro, Canon 430EX and Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC.

But its all my fault....cannot resist the temptation in the IT SHOW
You have lens?

Have lens will shoot.

No one says you must have everything that you want to make good shots. Using the camera is already getting something out of your money, so might as well, no?

i be going to aust to study...i havent decide whether should i bring my ex camera there...scared lost mah...

wah seh, BRING LAH... otherwise u buy for what??

u want to collect also not collect canon's dslr!

in 1 yr's time we see in B&S:

MINT 400D shutter count less than 100 !!! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

That's right... Bring the cam along lar. To buy a cam & maximize usage is not wasting money. To buy and not use, now that is wasting money.

As for the war-torn 1Ds & higher-end cams, I can only explain it as - People who buy such cams are the Pros. And people who buys the lower end (aka entry-level) are the Newbies (like myself). SO die die also must protect the cam (prized possession). And the end result? After using a few years, cam is still MINT...:bsmilie:

Yes Yes :) I agreed. Take along your cam lah.
I bet the chicks there are more willing to take photos with you. As they are more open mah.

;) :cool:

Hi
I reckon bringing your camera to Oz is a wiser move.
a- you get it use and enjoy it
b - air is pretty dry here, so less fungus issues even if you don't have a dry box
c - so many places to use it
d - if you really don't like it, sell it here to other students!

If you can't find places to use it in Sydney, NSW, let me know bro!
I have taken enough pics to fill a hard disk with my prosumer compact.

BTW I was in Adelaide recently and three girls on my tour bus walked up and asked to have their pictures taken - and I am no Brad Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.