stupid question in clubsnap

Status
Not open for further replies.

richliow

Jul 9, 2005
what's a softbox?

Really, the amateur me really does not know what is that...

not stupid question lah,last time we all asked ourself or someone
what is aperture?
what is shuuter speed?
what is ISO?
we all start from scratch,unless you are a born PRO.:bsmilie:

for me,i still don't know whats a softbox,just know it's used for studio lighting.

eh.....on tat topic hor, anyone got any blueprints or tried to make DIY softboxes or any ideas for cheap alternative studio lighting? Thanks. :dunno:

zaxh81 said:
not stupid question lah,last time we all asked ourself or someone
what is aperture?
what is shuuter speed?
what is ISO?
we all start from scratch,unless you are a born PRO.:bsmilie:

for me,i still don't know whats a softbox,just know it's used for studio lighting.

Those questions are ok to ask as long as don't ask what is a camera. :bsmilie:

i have been toying with the idea of a food umbrella like those you buy from provision shops that sell knick-knacks.. they have a little string and the frame springs up into a mini umbrella shape.. hehe.. if we use those and somehow change the fabric, or even just slap on some paper to diffuse the light, and maybe put in some cheap ikea lamps inside.. i wonder if it'll work.

has anyone tried this idea?:)

could someone tell me what is a camera.
seriousle DEFINE it.....nt joking..
lalala:confused:

Long thai bean: hey thanks! the second link is more complicated than what i wanted to do initially. Wanted to use some bright lamp and add tracing paper or mahjong paper to it. Keke. Really some serious thoughts to go thru.

dunnomuch: same same. but hor, i think very difficult cos the material used may get veri hot cos not mean to take strong lights....i did think of ikea lamps but i doubt the power is strong enough. might as well cover the room lights. but i saw a couple of cheap ones on ebay...but shipping is expensive....but still cheaper than buying locally i think. anyone tried buying on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.