Stupid Photographers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.A

Jul 6, 2005
It just came to my knowledge that one potential client of mine was quoted $5/product for a product shoot.
Its a simple shoot that needs not much styling, however it does some effort and listen to this, worldwide media release, 48mb Tiff files, Full DI and client has 30 products.
It really sad the way things are coming to nowadays. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :thumbsd: We are all just killing ourselves... :bsmilie:

$150 yes,

But 30 products, not 1,2 or 3... 30... And the job is not that simple.

48mb tiffs
Full DI
Worldwide media release.

And its a international product range mind you...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

wow!:bigeyes: :eek: :bigeyes:

i think whoever submitted dat quote just set the bar for low-price shooting... :bsmilie:

hahaha... i wish that fella good luck :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'd hate to be the photographer that quoted $5.00 per product, got rejected for the job then found out the client paid another photographer $15k per product to do the same shoot.

I hope that photographer knows that he can lose just as many jobs quoting too low as he does quoting too high.

I'd hate to be the photographer that quoted $5.00 per product, got rejected for the job then found out the client paid another photographer $15k per product to do the same shoot.

I hope that photographer knows that he can lose just as many jobs quoting too low as he does quoting too high.

reminds me of a famous incident involving 3 fotographers and one government job.

1 quoted a ridiculously low fee.
1 quoted a very very high fee.
the last guy is the not so cheap, not so expensive fee.

guess who got the job? :bsmilie:

reminds me of a famous incident involving 3 fotographers and one government job.

1 quoted a ridiculously low fee.
1 quoted a very very high fee.
the last guy is the not so cheap, not so expensive fee.

guess who got the job? :bsmilie:

dont tell me its the ridiculously low one.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Its sad teh monkeys we get swinging around nowadays.. $5... i am still don't know to laugh of to cry...

Once I quoted a industrial photography job for around $5K.
The job end up taken by a color separation co. for $400.
However the client later turn back to me to do the half of the job which the separator couldn't do. I turn the offer down.

i'll pray for them to have a bigger brain :sweatsm:

dont tell me its the ridiculously low one.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

3 very differnt quotes.
they took a look at all 3.

the lowest one straight away got turned down. simply too cheap and low, i bet they think that this fella can't be serious and must be a joker!

the highest one beyond their budget. they turned it down too.

the middle fee guy got the job.

sometimes this sort of thing happen. it doesn't mean u send in the 'most competitive' price, u'll end up with the job esp. at top companies, MNCs ...etc.etc.

it pays to study the market a'lil and price urself accordingly to ur ability and current market trend.

Many times i have been undercut, many times i have lost jobs to clients who just want a bigger 'brand' name photographer. But this one takes the cake.... $5 for a product shoot with specs like that, even NTUC with their thousands of products pay more... Its crazy... whahahhaha

Many times i have been undercut, many times i have lost jobs to clients who just want a bigger 'brand' name photographer. But this one takes the cake.... $5 for a product shoot with specs like that, even NTUC with their thousands of products pay more... Its crazy... whahahhaha:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Why call the photographer stupid, u guys gotta respect him or her, cos he or her just did somethings u guys will not do.:)

Why call the photographer stupid, u guys gotta respect him or her, cos he or her just did somethings u guys will not do.:)

respect is one thing.. that i do
but not the 5 dollar thing
i dont even think its enough to pay your water bill
yet alone your meals
just imagine abc company pays the model 1 mil for a shoot
photog 5 dollars...
it absurd just to think of it

respect is one thing.. that i do
but not the 5 dollar thing
i dont even think its enough to pay your water bill
yet alone your meals
just imagine abc company pays the model 1 mil for a shoot
photog 5 dollars...
it absurd just to think of it

I think u take my words too serious, relax.
I am just making fun of that photographer.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.