STUPID LTA's taxi rule scrapped ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the one who changed the rule was found hunting for a taxi urgently last week ? :bsmilie:

probably he was hit by the heavy rains.. then he realised.. "oh.. that's what they meant..." but still couldn't find a taxi stand within the area and ended up drenched? :bsmilie:

That show how LTA implementing new ruling without doing any survey. :thumbsd:

Now then they wake up their idea. :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: LTA

It's funny sometime how...usually anything ever implemented is ever reversed. But when it happens...it is called "fine tune" ...have anyone seen anywhere in the news or news release that mentioned it was a trial run and might be scrapped if feedback is negative or the plan falls short of practicality? I tried to look for it but can't find any. But it is a good step in the right direction I guess. heheh..

not surprised. look at the "bum rest" issue the smrt had recently. what can i say, maybe decision makers has been told to be daring in trying new ideas?

not surprised. look at the "bum rest" issue the smrt had recently. what can i say, maybe decision makers has been told to be daring in trying new ideas?

Funny with that bum rest. The first time I saw them put it up last year. I was thinking what were they thinking to set the slanting end outwards. Who is going to have a butt that could sit on it without sliding off. I was thinking..just reverse it. That means angle the slant towards the wall that way...your butt slides back against the way soyou sit more confidently...but then I saw they change the entire design!!!.. I hope this cost for making a new one was the contractors and not something those people in management decided to pay to have the old one remove and pay for a new set to be manufacture and installed.

How hard is it to just use your brain to work out the kinks before you implement it them? Remember years ago when people were saying our students only know how to memorise their school work to pass exam and get good grades but lack any ability to use what the learn to practical application. I take it that age group of students they point out had grown up and are now those walking among us getting their management career positions and high pay for the qualification and degrees they have but lack the EQ/IO to use what they have learnt all these years to problem solve simple common sense things like how to make a simple "basic seat" or anticipate simple life situation that could defeat their decision to implement rules on taxi pickup points. I could still except it if..... was one bumbly manager making those errors but usually this kind of implementation in a big organisation usually goes through a team of "think tank" or entire dept..eg but yet they still bugger it like that as a collective group...and for something so basic....it says alot of their organisation as a whole. Sad.

Funny with that bum rest. The first time I saw them put it up last year. I was thinking what were they thinking to set the slanting end outwards. Who is going to have a butt that could sit on it without sliding off. I was thinking..just reverse it. That means angle the slant towards the wall that way...your butt slides back against the way soyou sit more confidently...but then I saw they change the entire design!!!.. I hope this cost for making a new one was the contractors and not something those people in management decided to pay to have the old one remove and pay for a new set to be manufacture and installed.

sorry for ot.
1) contractors following the instruction. dont think smrt can / should make them pay as its not their fault.

2) there is always a cost to trying new ideas / things.

3) there is also cost in employing the wrong staff.

with point 2 n 3, now i can see why operation cost keep going up.:dunno:

"Fine-tuning"...
Jeez, why can't they admit they made a dumb mistake???

sorry for ot.
1) contractors following the instruction. dont think smrt can / should make them pay as its not their fault.

2) there is always a cost to trying new ideas / things.

3) there is also cost in employing the wrong staff.

with point 2 n 3, now i can see why operation cost keep going up.:dunno:

heheheh you are telling me man! ....

There is a cost I agree to trying new things but really.. this is not in a million years one of them ( goodness know how many others had gone untold or discovered yet) ....there are things you should be able to tell almost immediately.

Example...if I place a pair of shoes at your feet, you look at your the shape of your left and right foot and you look at the shape of the shoes...you mean to tell me you would still put a right side shoe on your left foot and a left side shoes on your right foot to see if it really fit only one way? heheheh This is not rocket science. Well now we know where the concept of thinking all with DSLRs are Pros walking about and those with PnS are not. LOL.

It is really scary how we let these sort of thing pass. Or are we doin this just so we can justify our own bumbling when it is our turn to being caught out thus we close our eyes to other's coverup? heheh....

Sometimes its not a reversal, but a planned slow release of information to get people to accept the eventual reuslt that they want.

TO give a very simple example, let say I want to raise taxes by 10%. I know people will raise a huge ruckus over that. SO what I do is to say I want to raise taxes by 15%. Let people make noise, then later "fine tune" and say, okay lah, 15 too much, I"m going to lower to 10. And then people accept.

This is a known phenomenon in the field of human psychology. Look how successful it was in the CPF life scheme where even the minister admitted that their initial plan was to "shock" people.

It's funny sometime how...usually anything ever implemented is ever reversed. But when it happens...it is called "fine tune" ...have anyone seen anywhere in the news or news release that mentioned it was a trial run and might be scrapped if feedback is negative or the plan falls short of practicality? I tried to look for it but can't find any. But it is a good step in the right direction I guess. heheh..

if you realised, that is part of our leading culture all along, never admit to mistakes openly and cover mistakes with nice sounding terms.
However, if others made a mistake, pin them down to the floor and make sure it punches through and brings them to hell. If it doesn't bring them down, we call it exercising leniency and accpeting the mistakes others make. :D

Have a great day gentlemen.

"Fine-tuning"...
no 'dumb mistake' lah.. it is always an 'honest mistake' :bsmilie::bsmilie:

this kind of implementation in a big organisation usually goes through a team of "think tank" or entire dept..eg but yet they still bugger it like that as a collective group...and for something so basic....it says alot of their organisation as a whole. Sad.

"Think tank" group is just a group of people eating free donuts in the meeting room. :bsmilie:

Yah it was a dumb mistake. What would satisfy the baying masses? Headline News: "I hereby declare that the LTA has made a majorly dumb move and offer the heads of the appropriate director and project planner on a platter." Move on people.

By the way, I think the MRT bum rests were designed that way exactly to do what they were supposed to do. Reverse the camber of the seat? Now, I think that would have been bum.... I mean 'dumb'.

"Fine-tuning"...
If they admit they have made a dumb mistake, would they still command such a high salary? ..... they can command high pay coz they are "fine-tuning" experts....first-world class :think:

To me, a dumber mistake is the adding of so many new ERP ...... still long jam ...:dunno:

To me, a dumber mistake is the adding of so many new ERP ...... still long jam ...:dunno:

That is not dumb. That is brillant. Demand is still there after charging $$$. More $$$ for higher $$$. Reducing jam is a convient excuse. :bsmilie:

Haiz, if got space to put bum rest, why not just make it horizontal instead of slanting and call it a normal bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.