- Jul 30, 2007
Introduction to Light Painting
Light Painting is nothing new as a technique and has been practiced by many photographers both commercial and hobbyist, and even artists like Pablo Picasso collaborated with a photographer (Gjon Mili 1949) on a light painting portrait of himself.
Essentially it involves lighting your subject(s) with any light sources that allow you to literally paint your picture. As simple as it may sound, a successful effort requires careful planning as you are practically racing against time to apply your light/paints.
In this workshop, you will be introduced to the basic concept and technique of light painting. Some useful tips and recommendations will be given to get you started during the theory session.
You will be guided along as you experiment with the technique during the 3 hours practical session.
To make the workshop more challenging, the practical session will involve a live model rather than inanimate object.
(1) Technique of the light: capture and manipulation
(2) The equipment and the environment
(3) Processing with Photoshop
(4) Demonstration with still-life set up
(5) Sample works
(6) Practical hands-on in a studio environment
Part #1 : 10.00 am to 12.00 pm
Lunchbreak : 12.00 pm to 1.00 pm
Part #2 : 1.00 pm to 4.00 pm
Details as follows:
Date1 : 30th May 2009, Saturday, or
Date2 : 6th June 2009, Saturday
Time : 10.00 am to 4.00 pm (6-hours with 1-hour for lunch)
Location : STUDIO
Level : Beginners and all
Course materials : Provided*
Instructor : Danny Toh
No. of attendees : 6 (minimum to start) to 7 (maximum)
Price : $125, inclusive of model fees
We will only start the class when the mininum pax is met.
Do not hesitate, take the step into the bigger world of photography.
1. All bookings can be done online via www.studiospace.com.sg
2. Kindly PM, sms (9776-1422) or email me with your name and mobile number to register,
3. Payment details will then be sent to you via SMS,
4. Shoot details will be sent to you via SMS after payment is made,
5. My email : email@example.com
This is another photographic experience brought to you by STUDIOSPACE.