Studio Strobe plus 550ex Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Sorry, I'm quite new to Studio stobes.

Anyway, I'm acquiring a Jinbei outdoor strobe soon, and I have a 550ex flash with me. I've one of those wireless trigger that was used to trigger the 550ex offshoe. Is it possible to use that to trigger both the strobe and the flash? (provided I get another receiver)

Sorry, I'm quite new to Studio stobes.

Anyway, I'm acquiring a Jinbei outdoor strobe soon, and I have a 550ex flash with me. I've one of those wireless trigger that was used to trigger the 550ex offshoe. Is it possible to use that to trigger both the strobe and the flash? (provided I get another receiver)

no need...

if you are using strobes, portable or not, most have a IR receiver. So if for eg, you set your wireless trigger on your cam, the receiver on the 550, then as long there is a line of sight, the 550 fires, will trigger the strobe to fire as well. (have to set strobe to IR receiving and not via cable or wireless.)

no need...

if you are using strobes, portable or not, most have a IR receiver. So if for eg, you set your wireless trigger on your cam, the receiver on the 550, then as long there is a line of sight, the 550 fires, will trigger the strobe to fire as well. (have to set strobe to IR receiving and not via cable or wireless.)

So will both flashes be instantaneous? As in, will there be underexposure in the photos due to lag time?

If the flash needs to face another direction, and is no longer in the line of sight of the strobe, what's the best way to do this? Wireless?

Thanks for your help :)

So will both flashes be instantaneous? As in, will there be underexposure in the photos due to lag time?

If the flash needs to face another direction, and is no longer in the line of sight of the strobe, what's the best way to do this? Wireless?

Thanks for your help :)

depends... u can put a reflector, or worse case use 2 wireless trigger.

anyway, the flashing is quite fast, won't notice the lag... almost instanteous. anyway, 1/60 is never wrong...

depends... u can put a reflector, or worse case use 2 wireless trigger.

anyway, the flashing is quite fast, won't notice the lag... almost instanteous. anyway, 1/60 is never wrong...

Ok thanks, will try out those methods first :)

no prob...

happen so i got a portable strobe and portable ring flash but no time to try yet... u wan and if its interesting, probably i can bring those there to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.