Studio Still Life No.4 - 2nd November

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

Still Life Course no.4 will be accepting students now for the 2nd November batch. Those who have the interest to join please PM me. So here's your chance to join in the ranks with the rest on creating your own style in Still Life Photography.

This course is more controlling of lighting. It will enhance your lighting skills. By attending this course, you will learn one of the key elements to improving your skills is making an object look alive. It does not matter whether you are a newbie/amatuer, advance users, all are welcome to attend my course.

This works are the copyright of my students work. Any part of the photos shown here are for CS viewers only. If any of this work is shown on other websites, legal action will be taken against them.

Group_Shot_2.sized.jpg

still_life_group.jpg

Here are the details:-

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, Middle Road)
Instructor: Danny
Course fee: $300 for DLSR/SLR user
Time : 7-11pm but I have to split this into 2 classes as the practical class is too long as I will give each individual 1 1/2 hours per session. There will be only max of 2-3 individual for Tuesdays practical session and another 5-6 for Saturdays practical session. 2 theory classes will still be on Tuesday only.

Vacancies : 8 (max)
Equipment : Fixed Lens 50/85/105/180mm/Macro Lens, Zoom lens such as 28-70mm, 28-105mm (This list of lens includes for DSLR user as well)
Lightings : 4 lighting setups
Lesson will commence on : Nov 2nd @ 7.00pm
Deposit : $100.00 (Full Payment on the first lesson) I will PM you my account details if you are interested to join my course.

Some Details on the 6 lessons
1st lesson : Learn the basic theory about what Studio Still Life. You will learn the basic theory skills, how the lighting works, how to compose an object or a few, meter reading, props, reflector, film, using of studio flash and etc. I will let you know what object you will be shooting as well. We will shoot various subjects.

2nd lesson : Practical course - Subject : Glassware. We start straight away with a practical setup. I will explain to you all how to setup, compose and lighting up the object. One lighting

3rd lesson : Practical course - Subject : Silver Ware. Different setup with multiple lightings.

4th lesson : We take a break from practical class and anaylse the mistakes and rectify your problems. This will be a critique session.

5th lesson : Practical course - Subject : Dry food. Special lighting techniques for this setup.

6th lesson : Practical course - Subject : Cook Food. As this is the final lesson, you have to bring some props to support and enhance your final product. Setup will be done by you.

After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. I will be at Stanley Lim Colour Centre (from 1pm to 6pm) for anyone who wants to get their photos review again.

All students will be giving 2 hours free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Lessons will start on 2nd NOV. So let's start to filling those empty slots. Thanks! I will still start even if there is only one student.

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of. You can PM me guys and gals.

Thank you for viewing.

Pro Image has been a good and helpful instructor. He always welcomes new ideas and seeks to make sure that the pictures turn out to be a success.

Uppz for you. Thank you for all the guidance rendered in the course. :)

Yezrah said:
Pro Image has been a good and helpful instructor. He always welcomes new ideas and seeks to make sure that the pictures turn out to be a success.

Uppz for you. Thank you for all the guidance rendered in the course. :)

Thanks Yezrah! You have a creative input yourself. Hope that you will be a successful photographer in the near future.

BTW, the final conclusion and critique session will be decided later, most probably a weekend as I know you will be busy working on weekdays. Please select the best image from your last 2 shoots and burn them on a CD.

Name list
1) KJ - reserved -
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Ok let's start the ball rolling for the up and coming course.

Name list
1) KJ - reserved -
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

7 places remaining. Ok let's start the ball rolling for the up and coming course.

Name list
1) KJ - reserved -
2) RSH - reserved -
3) MW - reserved -
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

5 places remaining.

Latest Name list
1) KJ - reserved -
2) RSH - reserved -
3) MW - reserved -
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

5 places remaining. Thanks for viewing.

Hope to see more participants in this course. Guys remember this. This is based one-on-one practical class. Each participants will get 1 1/2 hours to shoot the given product.

When you learn more about studio lighting skills, your knowledge will be greater. Placement of the object and compositions will help you in many ways in other forms of photography. You will understand more on shadow and highlight details and do not overburn or underexposed your objects/subjects.

Thanks again.

Latest Name list
1) KJ - reserved -
2) RSH - reserved -
3) MW - reserved -
4) JJ - reserved -
5) TOLITO - confirm
6)
7)
8)

Thanks for viewing.

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) KJ - reserved -
2) RASH - reserved -
3) MARW - reserved -
4) JOY - reserved -
5) ALA - reserved -
6) TOLITO - confirm -
7)
8)

Thanks for viewing.

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) JUN - reserved -
2) JOYCE - reserved -
3) ALLE - confirm -
4) TOLITO - confirm -
5) SIMON - confirm -
6)
7)
8)

Tentatively List
1)VAL
2)VAL
3)MARW
4)

Thanks for viewing.

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) JUN - reserved -
2) JOYCE - reserved -
3) ALLE - confirm -
4) TOLITO - confirm -
5) SIMON - confirm -
6)
7)
8)

Tentatively List
1) VAL
2) VAL
3)
4)

Thanks for viewing.

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) JUN - confirm -
2) JOYCE - reserved -
3) ALLE - confirm -
4) TOLITO - confirm -
5) SIMON - confirm -
6) VAL - reserved
7)
8)

Thanks for viewing.

****Please take note this will be the last Still Life Course for the year 2004. I will only be starting Still Life Course No.5 around mid January or after the Chinese New Year. *****

Those who attended my course, I am glad to be able to impart some of my knowledge to you all. Plus I made some new friends along the way as well.

I have only attended his first practical a week ago, he is an Excellent teacher, patient and delivered his utmost to his students, most importantly he ensured that every student of him knows what are they shooting and the fundamentals and knowledge after each lesson. Many thumb upz for this Wonderful Still life course.

Very much looking foward for my comg 2nd comg Practical lesson this sat, and i stronly recommend anyone who's considering signing up the still life 4, definitely worth more than you pay for the course.

Upzz .. for Pro image ..very well done Course !

Rachel Yan said:
I have only attended his first practical a week ago, he is an Excellent teacher, patient and delivered his utmost to his students, most importantly he ensured that every student of him knows what are they shooting and the fundamentals and knowledge after each lesson. Many thumb upz for this Wonderful Still life course.

Very much looking foward for my comg 2nd comg Practical lesson this sat, and i stronly recommend anyone who's considering signing up the still life 4, definitely worth more than you pay for the course.

Upzz .. for Pro image ..very well done Course !

Thank you Rachel for the recommendation.

C u tomolo as well beside on Sat class......What time u comin?

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) JUN - confirm -
2) YVO - confirm -
3) ALLE - confirm -
4) TOLITO - confirm -
5) SIMON - confirm -
6) VIN - reserved
7) VAL - confirmed -
8) BC - reserved -
9) JOYCE - reserved -
10)SZ - reserved -
11)

Thanks for viewing. Last few places.......

Please let me know if you are holding a studio portrait workshop in a near future.
Thank you.
Hassan,

h_najmy@theemu.gov.mv

Latest Name list

Reserved List
1) JUN - confirm -
2) YVO - confirm -
3) BC - confirm -
4) VAL - confirm -
5) SIMON - confirm -
6) VAL - confirm -
7) TOLITO - reserved -
8)

Thanks for viewing. Last few places......

Class starts next tommorrow @ 7pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.