Studio Still Life No.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

After a very successful Still Life No.2, I have decided to open up my 3rd class. Those who have inquire this course few weeks ago, here's your chance to join in the ranks with the rest on creating your own style in Still Life Photography. I am organizing my Studio Still Life Course No.3 @ Stanley Lim Colour Centre.

This course is more controlling of lighting. It will enhance your lighting skills. By attending this course, you will learn one of the key elements to improving your skills is making an object look alive. It does not matter whether you are a newbie/amatuer, advance users, all are welcome to attend my course.

Some samples of my students work (No Photoshop touch-up).....Sorry for the low resolution but I need too as people may start to pinch some of the photos. If any of you are interested to see the actual size, please come to our studio and we are more than happy to show you. I will not send any of this photos via email as well as they are my students work. So if you interested, please contact me. I will let my students know about your interest.

still_life_group.jpg

All this photos are all my students COPYRIGHT RESERVE.

Here are the details:-

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, Middle Road)
Instructor: Danny
Course fee: $300 for DLSR/SLR user
Time : 7-11pm but I have to split this into 2 classes as the practical class is too long as I will give each individual 1 1/2 hours per session. There will be only max of 3 individual for Tuesdays practical session and another 3 for Saturdays practical session. 2 theory classes will still be on Tuesday only.

Vacancies : 6 (max)
Equipment : Fixed Lens 50/85/105/180mm/Macro Lens, Zoom lens 17-35, 28-70mm, 28-105mm (This list of lens includes for DSLR user as well)
Lightings : 4 lighting setups
Lesson will commence on : September 21 @ 7.00pm
Deposit : $100.00 (Full Payment on the first lesson) I will PM you my account details if you are interested to join my course.

Package: 6 lessons
1st lesson : Learn the basic theory about what Studio Still Life. You will learn the basic theory skills, how the lighting works, how to compose an object or a few, meter reading, props, reflector, film, using of studio flash and etc. I will let you know what object you will be shooting as well. We will shoot various subjects.

2nd lesson : Practical course - Subject : Glassware. We start straight away with a practical setup. I will explain to you all how to setup, compose and lighting up the object. One lighting

3rd lesson : Practical course - Subject : Silver Ware. Different setup with multiple lightings.

4th lesson : We take a break from practical class and anaylse the mistakes and rectify your problems. This will be a critique session.

5th lesson : Practical course - Subject : Dry food. Special lighting techniques for this setup.

6th lesson : Practical course - Subject : Cook Food. As this is the final lesson, you have to bring some props to support and enhance your final product. Setup will be done by you.

After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. I will be at Stanley Lim Colour Centre (from 1pm to 6pm) for anyone who wants to get their photos review again.

All students will be giving 2 hours free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Lessons will start after all 6 vacancies are filled up. So let's start to filling those empty slots. Thanks!

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of. You can PM me guys and gals.

Thank you for viewing.

Name list
1) Bernards
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

BTW. I have the list of gear below. Is it enough? Do I need to buy a macro lens or something? Do advice is there are any particular lens that will be suitable for the particular subject type?

D70
SB-800
18-70mm f3.5-4.5 Kit Lense
50mm f1.8
70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO Zoom Macro Super II

Name list
1) Bernards
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Hi Bernards. Yep it is enuf. I have some other lenses as well. Thanks for starting the ball rolling!

Can you clear your PM as it's full as I need to PM you something. Thanks!

Sorry for the full PM and lousy english. My fingers are not working today.

PM is cleared.

Latest Name list
1) Bernards
2) RS
3) BR
4) NZ
5)
6)

2 more place.......

Thank you for the full support guys!

Hi guys,

I am going to give you an update soon on the new works done by my current batch. So please be patience......... :sweatsm:

Latest Name list
1) Bernards - Confirmed -
2) RS - Confirmed -
3) BRIAN - Confirm -
4) NUZ - Confirm -
5) MO - Reserved -
6) FS - Reserved -

Waiting List
7)
8)
9)
10)

Although it's full for now but I will be waiting for the confirmation of the reserves. So anyone else who is still interested just PM me your details.

Latest Name list
2) RS - Confirmed -
3) BRIAN - Confirm -
4) NUZ x 2 - Reserved -
5) MO - Reserved -
6) FS - Reserved -

Waiting List
7) KI
8)
9)
10)

Although it's full for now but I will be waiting for the confirmation of the reserves. So anyone else who is still interested just PM me your details.

Latest Name list
2) RS - Confirmed -
3) BRIAN - Confirm -
4) NUZ - Confirm -
5) MO - Confirm -
6) FS - Confirm -
7) KI - Reserved -

CLASS FULL! Thank you for the full support guys!

Next Class will be on 2nd NOVEMBER!!!!

Latest Name list
2) RS - Confirmed -
3) BRIAN - Confirm -
4) NUZ - Confirm -
5) MO - Confirm -
6) FS - Confirm -
7) JJ - Confirm -
8) KI - Reserved -

CLASS FULL! Thank you for the full support guys!

Next Class will be on 2nd NOVEMBER!!!!

OK guys take note that the lesson will START next TUESDAY 21st September @ 7pm. Those who are not sure where the place is, just sms or call me next week. Thank you.

Sorry to those PM me who wanted to join this intake but it's full house. Those who are still keen, my next intake will be on 2nd November.

Please check this out. Thanks!
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=89841

Thank you Guys and Ladies who attended last nite class. Hopefully you are able to absorb as much as possible. Anything you are not too sure, you are free to ask me any questions.

Thanks! See you all guys this coming Tuesday (28 Sept) and Sunday (3rd OCT) for your first practical class!

Status
Not open for further replies.