Studio shot - Lingerie

Status
Not open for further replies.

kssim

Here's some of the recent studio portraiture shots that I have taken recently...

pssStudioApr02-Lingerie02.jpg

i like all the shots......maybe the flash is reflected too much on the eyes?

Which camera and flash did u use? I think the color looks a bit strange. The model is very HOT :light: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Originally posted by tomshen
Which camera and flash did u use? I think the color looks a bit strange. The model is very HOT :light: rbounce: :rbounce:

Hi,

Camera used is Nikon F90X with Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8. Flash is provided by two studio strobe light on each side. The colour is slightly off as compared to the original slides (Fuji Astia).

As a matter of fact, my favourite shot for this studio session was the head shot (third photo) from the top rather than the 1/2 or 3/4 body shot. The second phot would have been 'better' (imho) if I've shot a little lower to include more of the hand rather than having them cropped off in the middle. :(

Rgds,
KS

Originally posted by kssim

Hi,

Camera used is Nikon F90X with Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8. Flash is provided by two studio strobe light on each side. The colour is slightly off as compared to the original slides (Fuji Astia).

As a matter of fact, my favourite shot for this studio session was the head shot (third photo) from the top rather than the 1/2 or 3/4 body shot. The second phot would have been 'better' (imho) if I've shot a little lower to include more of the hand rather than having them cropped off in the middle. :(

Rgds,
KS

Beautiful shots, what kind of setting you had on your studio strobe lights? Left? Right ? What setting are you shootng at?
IMO, with an addtional back strobe light to bring out the model body curve willl be good.

Just my 2 cents ;)

I shall risk being rediculed and post my comments:

1. First picture.

I feel that the pose is rather unatural, and is not flattering either to the model's body or the lingerie she is wearing. Here hands are tensed, with the veins showing. No suggestion here, as I have no experience in glamour shots, but a little softening might help.

This is what I am most paiseh about saying, hope no one make fun of me: there looks like a piece of string hanging between her legs. Details like this should be taken care of during the shoot.

2. Second picture.

Agree with your self-assessment that including the hands would have been better.

The pose is much better than the first.

3. Third picture

Nice shot.

Just curious, is it intentional to have different coloured upper and lower lips in the make-up, or is it an effect of the lighting? I personally prefer same coloured lips.

Thanks for sharing. Think this thread will break all existing records for most viewed thread.

Originally posted by roygoh
This is what I am most paiseh about saying, hope no one make fun of me: there looks like a piece of string hanging between her legs.

Hehehe... make fun of? No.... I do really wonder why you managed to notice that wee little piece of string though haha.

On a more serious note, Roy makes good points. I actually think the 2nd shot pose is more unnatural than the first. And frankly I don't see the point in the scarf either, it looks decidedly out of place. And yes I think the 3rd shot is lovely, probably the best from your entire series. The first two are decidedly awkward, both in posing and technically they are not outstanding either.

Originally posted by Jed

Hehehe... make fun of? No.... I do really wonder why you managed to notice that wee little piece of string though haha.

Let's just say I pay equal attention to all parts of the picture. ;)

Originally posted by Simon

Beautiful shots, what kind of setting you had on your studio strobe lights? Left? Right ? What setting are you shootng at?
IMO, with an addtional back strobe light to bring out the model body curve willl be good.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Hi,

Thanks... The two strobe lights were placed one on each side (one to the left and the other to the right). As with most studio set-up, the lighting is adjusted for a camera setting of f8 at 1/60s.
Unfortunately, due to the lack of equipments, only two strobes were available for this studio sessions. :(

Rgds,
KS

Originally posted by roygoh
I shall risk being rediculed and post my comments:

..... <Snip>

This is what I am most paiseh about saying, hope no one make fun of me: there looks like a piece of string hanging between her legs. Details like this should be taken care of during the shoot.

..... <Snip>

Just curious, is it intentional to have different coloured upper and lower lips in the make-up, or is it an effect of the lighting? I personally prefer same coloured lips.

Thanks for sharing. Think this thread will break all existing records for most viewed thread.

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments. You certainly have very sharp senses. Even as I take a close look at the first shot and I can still hardly see the string between the legs. But looking at my original scan and it's there. Kudos to your attention to details. As for taking care of such details during the shoot, I guess it would be quite a difficult task as I wasn't really looking at what's between the leg. I'll certainly be more paisey :embrass: than you if I was caught staring at the string. And I'll probably be too paisey to bring to her attention about the string. Yah... but that's just me..

And I too prefer the 2nd pose to the first...

As for the third shot, now that you've mentioned it, I'm too is puzzled by the different colours in the upper and lower lips. I don't remember it being different. I supposed it might have unintentionally happened due to the angle of the lighting. But it's just so wierd that it happen. :dunno:

Rgds,
KS

Originally posted by kssim

Hi,

Thanks for all the comments. You certainly have very sharp senses. Even as I take a close look at the first shot and I can still hardly see the string between the legs. But looking at my original scan and it's there. Kudos to your attention to details. As for taking care of such details during the shoot, I guess it would be quite a difficult task as I wasn't really looking at what's between the leg. I'll certainly be more paisey :embrass: than you if I was caught staring at the string. And I'll probably be too paisey to bring to her attention about the string. Yah... but that's just me..

And I too prefer the 2nd pose to the first...

As for the third shot, now that you've mentioned it, I'm too is puzzled by the different colours in the upper and lower lips. I don't remember it being different. I supposed it might have unintentionally happened due to the angle of the lighting. But it's just so wierd that it happen. :dunno:

Rgds,
KS

I can imagine the situation you would be in if you to mention the string to her......somemore it might turn out to be not a string but a "natural" string......:bsmilie:

of the 3, i choose the 3rd one....except for the lip line & colour...nice smokey-eyes but bit more socket near the end of crease just to give the arc bit more definition i think will give bit more impact to the picture,but that is not ur fault......as for poses....try another profile....left or right....by doing so you could hide and show something.....rather than frontal........

Status
Not open for further replies.