Time : 1400-1600
Fee : $15 - $20[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]http://www.kianteck.per.sg/portfolio2/mDSC_9802.jpg[/IMG]

mDSC_9901.jpg
[/IMG]

MissDi said:
yup. light make up.

STUDIO SHOOT ....light make-up ???? :bigeyes:

huh ?? Sure cannot make it, leh....I interested to know if there will be MAKE UP ARTIST giving proper make-up ??? :sweat:

AhV said:
STUDIO SHOOT ....light make-up ???? :bigeyes:

huh ?? Sure cannot make it, leh....I interested to know if there will be MAKE UP ARTIST giving proper make-up ??? :sweat:

Frankly...i think for the price of $15-20, there wun be a makeup artist involved...if yes, I believe this will really upset the model shoot market in CS.

If i am not wrong, PSS and SLCC dun use makeup artists for their lesson courses. Hey Ms Di, why dun you hire a makeup artist for this outing and up the price for the shoot? :)

*This will at least stop some questioning from the guys from SLCC.* :bsmilie:

nostalgia said:
........Hey Ms Di, why dun you hire a makeup artist for this outing and up the price for the shoot?

*This will at least stop some questioning from the guys from SLCC.*

:thumbsup: In fact, I like your suggestion .... If anyone wants to do a organised shoot, do it properly - raise your price if you ve to..that will definitely save a lot of questions :bsmilie: When someone join a shoot, he/ she should enjoy the shoot with minimal PS .... that's y we always stressed the importance of good proper make-up :)

Well, I guess students/ staff of SLCC merely reminds the importance of it :devil: bcos they know the difference without one.

hmmmm ..... with last exchange from Steven Yee. It seems that some courses in PSS does come with models with make up.

I am also quite sure most SLCC's courses include make up too ..... of course we will have to exclude courses such as still life.

But the main reason why I asked if the shoot includes Make up is not to undermine the shoot, but is to give the potential shooters a heads up on what to expect. If the model is going to do light make up herself. Then it might be good to take note too. I am quite sure the shooters will naturally expect a full studio make up for studio shots. By asking the question in advanced brings them down to earth.

Like I had said before. PSS is an unofficial Icon for Singapore Photographers, I sincerely doubt it wants to be dubbed as a cheater.

Anyway, nostalgia, by any chance the pictures in the first posting taken by you. There seems to be some similar traits between your avatar and the pictures from the first posting.

blurblock said:
hmmmm ..... with last exchange from Steven Yee. It seems that some courses in PSS does come with models with make up.

I am also quite sure most SLCC's courses include make up too ..... of course we will have to exclude courses such as still life.

But the main reason why I asked if the shoot includes Make up is not to undermine the shoot, but is to give the potential shooters a heads up on what to expect. If the model is going to do light make up herself. Then it might be good to take note too. I am quite sure the shooters will naturally expect a full studio make up for studio shots. By asking the question in advanced brings them down to earth.

Like I had said before. PSS is an unofficial Icon for Singapore Photographers, I sincerely doubt it wants to be dubbed as a cheater.

Anyway, nostalgia, by any chance the pictures in the first posting taken by you. There seems to be some similar traits between your avatar and the pictures from the first posting.

Hahahaaa..kanna bombed by two SLCC guys...HELP!!! :bsmilie:

By the way...I am not here to critique about how the courses in PSS and SLCC runs. Of cos if you are going into those minor details about all the courses run by PSS, SLCC and even SAFRA, there are weakness that photographers can pick on and argue be it studio space, equipments, props, instructors include. I dun really care how the courses run.

By asking about makeup artists in almost every of your treads that Ms Di has mentioned, I really think it is useful for the fellow photographers in the forums.

IMO, no matter whether it is SLCC, PSS or SAFRA, we are promoting photography in Singapore. We should not try to bring down any of the clubs. We should come forward and make this hobby ever more interesting for the benefits of the fellow members.

I believe the discussion should stop here. For those kakis and friends in this forums who know me, they know I will rather go out and shoot than argue in this forum. Argue yes, but on compostiion, lighting, exposure rather than whether there are makeup artist or how the courses are run.

If AhV and you are interested, we can always meetup, chat and exchange pointers on photography over coffee. :) Good luck for your organised trip to Malacca.

*The model in the first posting is one of my models. Name of model Sherlene. So if any of fellow photographers are interested, do come along for the shoot. *

nostalgia said:
I believe the discussion should stop here. For those kakis and friends in this forums who know me, they know I will rather go out and shoot than argue in this forum. Argue yes, but on compostiion, lighting, exposure rather than whether there are makeup artist or how the courses are run.
You know how to say, but got do anot?? :kok: :kok: quick quick!!!

nostalgia said:
*The model in the first posting is one of my models. Name of model Sherlene. So if any of fellow photographers are interested, do come along for the shoot. *
AJ hasn't PM'ed you? :devil:

espn:

hey dude...

that's our private session...soon man...just got out of ICT...let me have a breather first...

hhaha...AJ PM? no leh...he's on the slow side lah...think you PM faster... :bsmilie:

nostalgia said:
espn:

hey dude...

that's our private session...soon man...just got out of ICT...let me have a breather first...

hhaha...AJ PM? no leh...he's on the slow side lah...think you PM faster... :bsmilie:

No worries... if nobody support you, I believe my gang will always support your shoot.

Make-up by makeup artist or light make up by the model is not important. Most important is how the shoot is being conducted. So far PSS and SAFRA organised shoots are always done in orderly manner. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unlike some others who only know how to emphasize on make-up and some other frill so as to cater the avenue for charging more. :rolleyes:

nostalgia said:
Hahahaaa..kanna bombed by two SLCC guys...HELP!!! :bsmilie:

By the way...I am not here to critique about how the courses in PSS and SLCC runs. Of cos if you are going into those minor details about all the courses run by PSS, SLCC and even SAFRA, there are weakness that photographers can pick on and argue be it studio space, equipments, props, instructors include. I dun really care how the courses run.

By asking about makeup artists in almost every of your treads that Ms Di has mentioned, I really think it is useful for the fellow photographers in the forums.

IMO, no matter whether it is SLCC, PSS or SAFRA, we are promoting photography in Singapore. We should not try to bring down any of the clubs. We should come forward and make this hobby ever more interesting for the benefits of the fellow members.

If AhV and you are interested, we can always meetup, chat and exchange pointers on photography over coffee. :) Good luck for your organised trip to Malacca.

That was just a very innocent question. However, if you wanted to take it as a personal war cry, that is your business. What I can say is the model is a very photogenic one. It would be a waste not to give her a proper makeup before taking the picture.

Just for your information, I am not involved in the Malacca trip, or any courses by SLCC. You are the one trying to bring down others. I had mentioned good things and bad things about both PSS and SLCC courses before. I even commented on PSS's courses for flashes photography and night photography to be a great course to led photographers to greater heights, not a lot of photographers can control the flashes or long exposures properly. I had commented on SLCC courses for being disorganised before too. Do your research before you throw smoke. I did not bother to comment on objectif's or other courses by other schools as I noted they themselves do not bother about their own thread, unlike PSS and SLCC who are more active in maintaining their thread.

Skyestang has a point to say when he say it is important to note how the shoots are conducted. However, no matter how good the shoots are conducted, the end result is the most important part. You can conduct a photoshoot with just the model, no flash light, no studio lights, no make up. It is very well organised, no doubt about it, but what do you think the end result is like?

If you like to talk about photography over coffee, I have no problems with it. Do PM me on which day you are free.

I think I'm interested.

This shoot is coming up in a few days.. how to join?

I haven't seen a signup list or a location.. please advise.

Mr. Ted

If you're interested in the abovementioned shoot, pls approach MissDi directly, otherwise refrain from making OT remarks or discussion side issues. I don't care what issues there are between SLCC and PSS, pls settle it privately out of respect for the thread starter's topic.

ClubSNAP

teducation said:
I think I'm interested.

This shoot is coming up in a few days.. how to join?

I haven't seen a signup list or a location.. please advise.

Mr. Ted

Mr. Ted

You can sign up with PSS at the clubhouse located at 30 Selegie Road or call up at 6334 3361. Location is usually kept secret until the actual shot to prevent people from gatecrashing. Give Miss Di (Diana) a call.

Larry said:
If you're interested in the abovementioned shoot, pls approach MissDi directly, otherwise refrain from making OT remarks or discussion side issues. I don't care what issues there are between SLCC and PSS, pls settle it privately out of respect for the thread starter's topic.

ClubSNAP

Agreed with Larry.

I think in many situations, some clubsnappers are being helpful and might have stepped on each other's toes accidently. :)

I don't think there's any misgivings or issues between SLCC, PSS, Steven Yee and blurblock or anyone else.

In case anyone is wondering, i am also a member of PSS but i do not offer any services or represents PSS. Occasionally, i will try and clarify any queries in CS but most update info is still updated by Miss Di.

I also do not see the need to comments on other's courses as i am not joining. Let those interested parties find it out themselves.

nemesis32 said:
Mr. Ted

You can sign up with PSS at the clubhouse located at 30 Selegie Road or call up at 6334 3361. Location is usually kept secret until the actual shot to prevent people from gatecrashing. Give Miss Di (Diana) a call.

My mistake.... Since this is a Studio shoot, it will be at PSS clubhouse at 30 Selegie Road. :)

nostalgia said:
espn:

hey dude...

Go ICT = break liao still need to have breather :kok:

Think I email u tonight better :bsmilie:

Ciaoz.

nemesis32 said:
Agreed with Larry.

I think in many situations, some clubsnappers are being helpful and might have stepped on each other's toes accidently. :)

I don't think there's any misgivings or issues between SLCC, PSS, Steven Yee and blurblock or anyone else.

In case anyone is wondering, i am also a member of PSS but i do not offer any services or represents PSS. Occasionally, i will try and clarify any queries in CS but most update info is still updated by Miss Di.

I also do not see the need to comments on other's courses as i am not joining. Let those interested parties find it out themselves.

I agree with you, man. Jeez, I guess members are all so excited whenever there are shoots..thus, spontaneous questions are inevitable ...e.g. Will we have that ? Will we have this ? Why this is not provided ? Why that is not provided ? ...etc

We cant deny that understanding shoot's conditions will be paricularly useful to newbies. If members sounded offensive/ defensive, we believe it was unintentional :)

We are all here bocs of our passion for portrait photography. Let us all take all these in good stride and we will all be fine. Peace ? ;p In any case, interested parties should be aware of the shooting conditions to adjust their camera settings accordingly. I hope this clarifies.

Anyway, UPZZZzzz for a affordable studio shoot and great model. MAI TU LIAO as the shoot is on this Sun ....JOIN JOIN JOIN !!!
:lovegrin:

Hi Miss Di,

May I know this studio seesion is a 1 min shoot per photographer per outfits using studio strode light or 5 mins per photographer per outfit using tunsten light?

Status
Not open for further replies.