STUDIO quality passport photos anywhere? Or A4 size illustrator template?

pkhunter

Oct 6, 2008
Hi. I'm tired of the deer-in-the-headlights kind of crap photos that're common in this town for passport photos. Does anyone know if I can get a professional quality photo with proper lighting?

Or, even better, does anyone have an A4 side Adobe Illustrator or PDF template that I can edit and use my own photo for printing on printing paper and have full control over it? I googled for it, but it's hard to find Singapore size photo sizes that will print properly on A4 photo paper to be easily cut.

Thanks!

what kind of crap photos are you talking about? instant booths? instant studio shots?

as for template, you can easily get the size that ICA requires from their website, then paste multiple photos on an A4 page and print

Both. Back in the UK I could walk into a studio and have proper lighting etc for even just a passport size photo. Out here, it's a small P&S camera in one of those in-mall photo shops, which shoots crap photos.

I know the size of the photos on Singapore ICA website: 35 mm x 45 mm. What I don't know is how to create this size inside Illustrator. I prefer to get some document created into which I can paste my own photograph.

Both. Back in the UK I could walk into a studio and have proper lighting etc for even just a passport size photo. Out here, it's a small P&S camera in one of those in-mall photo shops, which shoots crap photos.

I know the size of the photos on Singapore ICA website: 35 mm x 45 mm. What I don't know is how to create this size inside Illustrator. I prefer to get some document created into which I can paste my own photograph.
as you said "photo shops"...not photo studios.

Hi. I'm tired of the deer-in-the-headlights kind of crap photos that're common in this town for passport photos. Does anyone know if I can get a professional quality photo with proper lighting?

Or, even better, does anyone have an A4 side Adobe Illustrator or PDF template that I can edit and use my own photo for printing on printing paper and have full control over it? I googled for it, but it's hard to find Singapore size photo sizes that will print properly on A4 photo paper to be easily cut.

Thanks!

those mini labs, digi labs passport photo service are already able to fulfill the requirement of ICA, not much people will be willing to spend more than $12.00 for that.

If you think that is really crappy, as long you willing to pay more, surely you can get your passport photo done by a professional portrait studio, btw, if you asking them to release the softcopy to you, than will be another additional cost. Be sure you check out all the cost first before book your appointment.

and just wondering why would you want to print passport photos on A4 photo paper, do you really need so many pieces of passport photos to make many different passports?

The new passport now using B/W color, no point getting good quailty, handsome can liao. LOL

passport photo ≠ resume photo,

anyway, you can do a very nice passport photo, but if want to use it for resume, better do a proper one, nowadays, everywhere and everything are talking about packaging, you want to sell yourself? your image talks.

hmmm.. this also remind me that I also need to update my headshot.. lol

passport photo ≠ resume photo,

anyway, you can do a very nice passport photo, but if want to use it for resume, better do a proper one, nowadays, everywhere and everything are talking about packaging, you want to sell yourself? your image talks.

hmmm.. this also remind me that I also need to update my headshot.. lol

catchlight is right passport photo does not necessarily mean resume photo. you could use the passport photo is you want to.

My family and I recently had our passport renewed online. What I did was, I bought majong paper to use as my background and start shooting. Resize using photoscape, submit to ICA online and within the next 2-3 weeks I got my new photo.

My resume photo was also self-taken. For passport photo, I just wore a white shirt. For resume, I put on a tie and blazer. The pose is definitely different from passport photo. Passport "full frontal". For resume, my chest is slightly away from the camera...

done... no need to go to studio

equipment for both dslr camera and external flash..

I'm not sure what kind of shops you are visiting and what your are willing to spend. But it pays off to spend a few bucks more if you want to have it done properly. Or: see comments of catchlights and bblurrr.
Just as an example: the German Embassy recommends Photo Studio Soo Kee Color (#01-01/02 Clifford Centre, 24 Raffles Place - just nearby the embassy). The German requirements for bio-metrical passport pictures are similar to those in Singapore. Just tell them that it is for passport. Pretty small but useful setup with white wall and 2 reflectors.
(Disclaimer for those who need it: I'm just a customer recommending good service.)

Thanks!

why do you need a PDF template ? u want to DIY yourself ? when you need it ?

it’s easy to do it in illustrator what since u are requesting for AI.

I remember when I was young, those neighbourhood photo develop shops have studio with proper lighting and everything for passport photo. Nowadays go shopping mall is just white wall with a small pns camera.

I took my own passport photo and for my mum and sis last year. Even spent quite a bit of time to adjust everything on photoshop. When I went to collect my passport, I had the shock of my life. The photo was not only black and white, but super high contrast black and white. So whether you use handphone camera to take or take in studio, it is not going to make any difference for passport.

A printing shop in my neighborhood does have a proper studio setup with 2 reflectors, blue/white bg and a S5Pro :bsmilie:

10dollars for 6 passport sized photo iirc.

I just renewed my NRIC...(age exposed) and I took my own photo...I used my S5 Pro with SB900 and took few shots to ensure no shadows, right expression etc...after that I resized to ICA requirements and registered online...

Quite easily done and really fun too..:)

Thanks!

Singapore Passport photo size is 45 x 35 mm (Requirements at 123PassportPhoto)

For 300dpi (dots per inch) printing, a 4R photo is 6 inche x 4 inches, so the pixel size of a 4R photo is 1800 x 1200 pixel.

For singapore passport photo, the pixel size is 531 x 413. You can make a single passport with photoshop and copy and paste multiple photos to the 1800 x 1200 pixel photo. Then print on 4R paper.

For 600dpi, you just double the numbers.

Or you can try Create passport photos for free - 123PassportPhoto, you will get a final 4R photo for printing either using 300dpi or 600dpi for printing.

4R photo printing is cheaper than any other sizes at Harvey Norman.