Studio photoshoot

i think the next kopitiam topic should be "are our CSers relying too much on spoon feed?".

Sorry i color blind quite serious de. So judging color from my eyes will vary quite alot from other normal people especially if you need to reproduce colors of fabrics accurately.

I'm using custom balance all along.

yes, as Judge Ortega said, depends on the colour temperature of the strobes

anyway, the flash tube aging will also affect the color temp, using softbox or umbrella will also alter the color temp, old softbox will also have different color temp, different type or materials of the softbox will also affect the color temp. so custom balance is the way to go.

Now, IMO, there is no such thing as the correct WB. It is also a matter of personal preference. Some prefer it to be a bit warmer or whiter. And Asian skin and angmoh skin are different too.

Just look at some of the pictures in a colourful magazine, like Her World, Cosmopolitan etc. Depending on what is advertised, the skin tone is so very different. Cosmetics advert so different from Fashion adverts and so forth.....

Hi. I was wondering.
In a studio, what mode of shooting is used? Manual? Av? Tv? Or P?
Why that mode? What's the best?

M mode is the choice... If buy DSLR use P mode, then I think I better buy a digital compact. But P mode is usable in certain aspects of my shoot in landscape.

Welcome to Studio Photography... :)

Now, IMO, there is no such thing as the correct WB. It is also a matter of personal preference. Some prefer it to be a bit warmer or whiter. And Asian skin and angmoh skin are different too.

Just look at some of the pictures in a colourful magazine, like Her World, Cosmopolitan etc. Depending on what is advertised, the skin tone is so very different. Cosmetics advert so different from Fashion adverts and so forth.....
"correct" is refer it as in reproducing the color truthfully, it is very important for commercial photography, especially reproducing the colors for corporate identity or for products. it is as basic as getting the "correct exposure".

perhaps your are referring to "preferred" WB, but is a different topic if you want to put it.