Studio photography for portrait shots

angy

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
I came across this link recently and like to share with fellow clubsnappers.

Lighting for Lingerie Photography – PictureCorrect

I have not done any studio photography in my life and after seeing this video, I like to try. I am keen in finding out more about lighting setup. Is there a cheaper way of doing it? Does the umbrella size have an impact on the lighting itself. If i am keen in doing it, what would I need to buy?

I came across this link recently and like to share with fellow clubsnappers.

Lighting for Lingerie Photography – PictureCorrect

I have not done any studio photography in my life and after seeing this video, I like to try. I am keen in finding out more about lighting setup. Is there a cheaper way of doing it? Does the umbrella size have an impact on the lighting itself. If i am keen in doing it, what would I need to buy?

you can always go see the strobist blog
just google for it.

the cheapest way is just use daylight.

if you only want to spend only a little, you can try this

[video=youtube;mtsKPaLMP7o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsKPaLMP7o[/video]

If you have the cash, you can consider going for classes and renting a studio and hiring a model to experiment.

thanks to those that reply, i like the strobist blog and the DIY youtube.

But Strobist blog no lingerie videos.

shadows can cast 3D over err...hills and valleys...
so non-flat lighting is very good to showcase.

Ehh. Lighting for portraits and lingere that much different meh?

Yes, for most people when shooting with lingerie, their brain will have less supply of blood, so need a fool proof lighting system that can operate with under such harsh condition. :)

Hahaha. And here I was wondering why lingerie requires special lighting... Good answer!

Yes, for most people when shooting with lingerie, their brain will have less supply of blood, so need a fool proof lighting system that can operate with under such harsh condition. :)

Hahahaha

shadows can cast 3D over err...hills and valleys...
so non-flat lighting is very good to showcase.

I thought the massiveness of those hills and valleys are best emphasised by shadows? Lol :p

Lol! Makes you wonder, where the blood going to hehehe...

shoot lingerie early in the morning. blood flow is usually better... :)