Studio Makeover Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro Image

Oct 31, 2003
Last planet from the sun
Hi everyone,

Hi all I am organizing a Makeover Studio Course @ Stanley Lim Colour Centre. This is not a one time shoot but a hands on course which I will personally look into everyone's skills. Those venturing into this line, will command a good income. Besides making some money you get to shoot too. Morever, if anything goes wrong with the photos (touch wood!), you will be able to reshoot again.

Anyone interested to see what I have done, can come down to the studio to view my portfolio but please give a buzz first. I have it on my Sony Image Station as well. This is the site....... http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288536583

Unlike actual wedding day photography, you must make sure you churn some good results and deliver those photos as there is no such thing as a reshoot in actual wedding day. Makeover, no such problem. Anyway here are the details.

Venue: Stanley Lim Colour Centre (Midlink Plaza, Middle Road)
Instructor: Danny
Course fee:$270 for SLR user and $250 for DSLR users
Models : 1 Female and 1 Male
Film : 1 roll of film is provided for each practical lesson for SLR users only. DSLR users must print their own prints ( includes developing and printing of 3R size for SLR users only)
Time : 7-9pm (Date is not fixed yet but most probably will be every thursday night)
Vacancies : 8 (max)
Equipment : DSLR or SLR only with a portrait lens for shooting face and half body.
Lighting : Provided

Package: 4 lessons
1st lesson : Learn the basic theory about what makeover is all about. You will be learning on how to coordinate, shoot, compose, communicate with your subjects and setup basic lightings skills.
2nd lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Male Model. I will be guiding each every individual on what to look out for.
3rd lesson : Review, critics and comments on the photos taken on your 2nd lessons. I will be advising all of you on what went wrong and how to improve from here.
4th lesson : Practical course - You will be shooting a Female Model. I will be guiding each every individual again on what to look for. Male and Female have different poses. So that is why I have a male and a female.

For you info, models are provided as part of the package. No charge but the class must have 8 photographers.

After the last lesson, those who is interested to bring down their photos individually or as a group will be fine with me. I will be at Stanley Lim Colour Centre (from 1pm to 6pm) for anyone who wants to get their photos review again.

Those interested please proceed to the studio to pay the deposit to Joanne.
U can reach her at 98583502
Please PM after you have paid her so that I can update here.

All students will be giving as hour free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Lessons will start after all 8 vacancies are filled up

Please feel free to make enquiries if there is anything you are not sure of.

I see some have came down to Stanley's place and inquire about this courses. Guys, is best if you can come down and have a look what we can offer you all. Sometimes by reading this post will not give you any inside knowledge about it. I would be glad to explain in details on what you will be learning. I guarantee after this 4 lessons, you will be even more interested in shooting models and friends.

Here is another of my work.

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/supermodel/index2.htm

Those interested please proceed to the studio to pay the deposit to Joanne.
U can reach her at 98583502
Please PM after you have paid her so that I can update here.

All students will be giving as hour free for usage of studio anytime but must make an appointment. This is will be given after you all finish the course.

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers (pls PM me to confirm again)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Class will most probably start on 23rd Dec since 25th is a Christmas Day.
I think nobody wants to come on the 24th Dec.
Lessons will start after all 8 vacancies are filled up

I hope you all can come down and have a look a Stanley's Lim Colour Centre. Stanley and Joanne are very nice people. Don't worry about not knowing anything or very little knowlegde about photography. We are very friendly and are willing to share and give comments on your works. We have heard some CS members are a little shy to enter our place. So don't be shy! We really sincerely welcome you.

Stanley and I has numbers of years of experience in Photography and Printing photos. All are welcome as we do not want to categorized who is a newbie or who is a pro. We treat all the same. If you are willing to learn, we are willing to teach. Why go through a shoot and spend your hard earn $$$ when you can invest your $$$ and improve your skills. Just do your own calculations you will know. We provide make-up artist & models for all the courses which involve people.

Besides teaching Actual Wedding Day and Studio Makeover, we are well verse in Product shoot, Interior & Exterior, Special Effects, Medium Format, Black and white and Film Processing. As you can see we have many ideas about teaching photography. Our ideas are always up to date and reassure on our hands on skills with each individual. Once you join us, you will not regret every single bit as you will want to learn more.

Please feel free to drop by. Although we have many years experience, we always welcome new ideas. Especially newbies and amatuers, pls do not be afraid to step into our studio. We were once like you all. Scared and dare not ask. Hope you all can pick up some courage and stop by our place.

There are a few CS members (newbies, amatuers and working professionals) are always there. So besides going to other gatherings, all of you are welcome to visit us for discussions. When you know us, you will be astound!

But please call us before coming as sometimes we are out on location shooting. Our contact no is 63382367 & 98583502. Ask for Joanne.

You are able to view some of my works here:

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/albums/index.html

Thanks again.

Still have 4 more places! Any takers? Class will commence on 23rd Dec at 7-9pm

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)
6)
7)
8)

Sigh, pity I'm 7000 miles away :)

What are the basic requirement of lens required? It would be helpful if you could list down ..... say ..... 50mm / 100mm <= f/2.8 on SLR or 35mm / 85mm <= f/2.8 on DSLR body? ;) or a normal zoom lens with f/2.8 will do ;)......

I am comptemplating to join the course, but I had never done protrait before, so kind of blur blur here (Not that I am not blur most of the time)..... in a delimma what consistute a protriats lens ...... Hope you could help clarify.....

Err, that's not funny. That's sad. And you're on. I'll accept business class, I think first class is a bit show off...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

blurblock said:
What are the basic requirement of lens required? It would be helpful if you could list down ..... say ..... 50mm / 100mm <= f/2.8 on SLR or 35mm / 85mm <= f/2.8 on DSLR body? ;) or a normal zoom lens with f/2.8 will do ;)......

I am comptemplating to join the course, but I had never done protrait before, so kind of blur blur here (Not that I am not blur most of the time)..... in a delimma what consistute a protriats lens ...... Hope you could help clarify.....

Ok for a SLR, a fixed lens of 50mm, 85mm and 105mm would be suitable. As for DSLR, it would be a 35mm, 50mm and 85mm. You need not use a fast lens like f2.8 to join this course as f2.8 lenses are mostly use on outdoor when lighting conditions are dim.

As for zoom lens again you need not use a F2.8 lenses as most of the studio lights are powerful enough to expose the subject. For SLR, a zoom lens of 28-70 and a 70-200. As for DSLR, you can get a zoom lens of around 17-35, 18-35 a 28-70 to conpensate the zoom factor unless you are using a Canon 1Ds.

All the lenses I mention is for Nikon users only. Those who intend to take up this course but have other camera brands, can still PM me and ask me. Those without a SLR or DSLR, please don't be dissapointed. Just PM me and let me know what digital camera you have as some pro consumer digital camera are still able to take portraiture shots(for example Olympus 5050, 5060, Sony F707, F717 just to name a few)

Jed said:
Err, that's not funny. That's sad. And you're on. I'll accept business class, I think first class is a bit show off...

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Business class? You would be glad if I put you in the cargo or baggage area! Haha. :blah:

Hey JED, you are not serious about joining right? I think I should be joining you. So why not fly me in economy class (I will be glad)? :bsmilie:

Eh, you very tough customer, but just for you, economy class also can.

But must be proper airline at least.

Still have 3 more places! Any takers? Class will commence on 23rd Dec at 7-9pm

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz (TBC)
6)
7)
8)

Still have 3 more places! Any takers? Class will commence on 23rd Dec at 8-10pm

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz (TBC)
6)
7)
8)

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz (TBC)
6)
7)
8)

CLASS IS CONFIRM ON 23rd DEC 2003. You can come earlier if you want but class will commence @ 8pm. If all of you are early, I will start early, so we can have more time to fiddle around more with lighting and equipments but ends sharp @ 10pm. Those who are still hesitating or unsure, pls PM me and ask any questions. If you miss this round, you may have to wait until late January before I start my next round. Thanks!

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz
6)
7)
8)

CLASS IS CONFIRM ON 23rd DEC 2003. You can come earlier if you want but class will commence @ 8pm. If all of you are early, I will start early, so we can have more time to fiddle around more with lighting and equipments but ends sharp @ 10pm. Those who are still hesitating or unsure, pls PM me and ask any questions. If you miss this round, you may have to wait until late January before I start my next round. Thanks!

GUYS PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR EQUIPMENTS!!!!

Pro Image said:

Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz
6)
7)
8)

GUYS PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO BRING YOUR EQUIPMENTS!!!!

Hi Danny,

What equipment should we bring on that day? how about tripod?
cheers!

Final Name list
1)Lito
2)Moses
3)Meng Kok
4)cheers
5)cyclitz
6)JAY
7)
8)

Guys! Thanks for attending the first lesson. I hope you all enjoy yesterdays session. See you next week on the 30th. Pls come earlier as i need to refresh again the things we talk about. I want to show you all on how the make-up artist handle a customer as well. Time 6.30-7.00pm. Hope to end the session by 10.30pm max!

So those using film, I will provide the films. Just bring your equipment. Sorry did not have time to check but I roughly know what yo uall have. Yesterday as there was a lot to cover.

Anything you need to ask me, just PM me. I will try and help in whatever way possible. Those interested in my course, please do not hesistate to approach me or Joanne. You can PM me or call her up on 98583502 if I do not respond your PMs.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.