Studio Lights Vs Outdoor Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloamor

Oct 6, 2006
Tampines, Singapore
feedfarhan.com
Hi,

I'm a newbie to studio photography. I'm looking to buy my own lights soon. Just curious about the difference between studio lights and outdoor lights. Coz the only difference I know of it now is that outdoor lights shud have high flash output and comes with a battery pack. Is there any significant difference?

Many thanks.

I suppose what you refer to as outdoor lights are simply portable studio lights? In this case the flash output can be the same, depending on what you get. When it comes to portable lights, they are usually more expensive due to the powerpack that you need though. Otherwise they are pretty much the same.

I have seen Ruby photo and Cathay selling studio lights. Do they sell portable studio lights as well? Is there any brand that the veterans here might wanna recommend and how about the financial damage for this equipment? Thanks a lot!

I think there was a pretty good(?) deal for the Elinchrome StyleFX 400 a while back at Cathay Photo. 2 heads, accessories etc etc, $2090.

depends on what is meant by portable, style series can be moved around easily but still need to be plugged into socket... ranger series battery powered... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.