Studio light and CLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

hokkaido88

Dec 29, 2007
recently, I saw the trend lots of people using CLS. Some manufacturer even produce some light modifier equivalent to the studio one i.e honey comb, softbox, umbrella, barn door.

So would in future the studio light would render obsolete? What do you think?

Nope, it won't be replaced

recently, I saw the trend lots of people using CLS. Some manufacturer even produce some light modifier equivalent to the studio one i.e honey comb, softbox, umbrella, barn door.

don't think so... the power output of portable flashguns are quite limited compared to studio strobes like monolights..

Never. So far, only the Quantum Qflashes come closest with 400w/s as it's max power. Power aside, there're more factors.... so nop.

With that, I welcome you to the world of strobing.

Last edited:
A word from the CLS light modifier sales girl told me a modern DSLR noise is much lower than the film camera. A lesser power CLS could use a high ISO for that.

Another thing is if a large aperture i.e f2.8 or larger is used then CLS at ISO100 is more than sufficient for potrait shoot, is it?

A word from the CLS light modifier sales girl told me a modern DSLR noise is much lower than the film camera. A lesser power CLS could use a high ISO for that.

Another thing is if a large aperture i.e f2.8 or larger is used then CLS at ISO100 is more than sufficient for potrait shoot, is it?

image sharpness will be a serious issue if using f2.8 or lower, esp for shooting fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.