Studio Equipment for blogshop - help!!

speciallyforhim

Apr 25, 2009
Hi all,

My friend and I have rented a place for studio shoot for her blogshop.
Any recommendation for the studio lighting equipment?
Her budget is below $2000.

Size of studio is about 5m long , 3.5 m wide and 2.2 m tall.

Thanks if someone can help.

You can do a search on here and on google for "home studio setup". Your question is a common one.

Thanks for the advise. For the size of the studio, is this 2 lighting set good enough?

1) Elinchrom D-Lite-it 4 To-Go Set
or
2) Jinbei EC-300 3-Light Kit.

Which one will be better mainly for full body portraits ?

Curious: why don't you rent a studio that provides lights as well?

yes, agree with foxtwo, unless TS's friend is renting the place for long term, or shooting in a very regular basis, else will not justify the purchase of studio lighting.

anyway, if you want pure white b/g, you need at least three lights to get this,
if the power is low, you can always up your ISO.

Thank for the reply. Ya we are renting the place for long term and almost every few day we will need the studio for shoot.
Still considering that 2 set of studio lighting.

1) Elinchrom D-Lite-it 4 To-Go Set
or
2) Jinbei EC-300 3-Light Kit.

Hi thanks for the info. Have went down to the store just now.
Considering the Aurora Orion 800 kit set plus and additional Godox Tc series 300 watts.

:) studio finally up. Bought the D-lite set. Any recommendation lens for my EOS450D?
Have try the EF50m F1.8 but the studio lenght is too short for a full body Portrait.
Wouldn't mind buying a second hand lens for full body portrait shoots cause out of budget liao.

Studio is about 5 m in length.

:) studio finally up. Bought the D-lite set. Any recommendation lens for my EOS450D?
Have try the EF50m F1.8 but the studio lenght is too short for a full body Portrait.
Wouldn't mind buying a second hand lens for full body portrait shoots cause out of budget liao.

Studio is about 5 m in length.

Use your kit lens.

A studio shoot using 450D and a KIT LENS

165374_10150090655883556_576318555_6015965_2266819_n.jpg

Last edited: