Studio biz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Hi, i bought my first DSLR cam bout 9-10mth back... since than i've been doing wedding shoot project.Lately i was offered by my inlaw to joint her Bridal com. to setup my own studio... So can any pros out there advise what kind of basic thing do i need. Meaning things that i really need to use for every shoot. Like how many lighting do i need? i know its is depands on what kind of photo/atmosphere that im shooting. Just need to know the basic things.... appreciates the advise

Hi, i bought my first DSLR cam bout 9-10mth back... since than i've been doing wedding shoot project.Lately i was offered by my inlaw to joint her Bridal com. to setup my own studio... So can any pros out there advise what kind of basic thing do i need. Meaning things that i really need to use for every shoot. Like how many lighting do i need? i know its is depands on what kind of photo/atmosphere that im shooting. Just need to know the basic things.... appreciates the advise

Hi!

The sticky on the this forum will give you loads of help regarding equipment and how the business is conducted. Roughly, you'll need a minimum of 2 or 3 lights, with reflectors, lightboxes, backgrounds, cameras, etc. But I really would like to urge you to understudy a professional wedding studio photographer if you can, it'll help you learn more about the business before starting. It is much much harder than it looks, starting is up is easy coz equipment prices are very low now, maintaining and growing the business is a whole different story altogether. I think Chee Kuang has a workshop coming up on the wedding photography business, it would be good to attend as it could give you a better insight into the business.

Best
Wesley

Equipment and physical setup is actually the easiest.

To most important thing is your portfoilo, because that really determines how much fees you can command. A good portfolio sometimes takes years to build up and define, what differentiates your work from the other photographers depends largely on that.

Hey Wesley, how's life in Paris man! I hope you're doing well. To answer the question, my advise is to spend money slowly. Just buy what you can get away with for now and spend more money on marketing, advertising etc. When the jobs start coming in then increasingly spend money on gear. And no matter what, do not go into debt buying equipment, especially if you plan on carrying in on your credit cards. The interest rates alone can kill a business.

Hi!

The sticky on the this forum will give you loads of help regarding equipment and how the business is conducted. Roughly, you'll need a minimum of 2 or 3 lights, with reflectors, lightboxes, backgrounds, cameras, etc. But I really would like to urge you to understudy a professional wedding studio photographer if you can, it'll help you learn more about the business before starting. It is much much harder than it looks, starting is up is easy coz equipment prices are very low now, maintaining and growing the business is a whole different story altogether. I think Chee Kuang has a workshop coming up on the wedding photography business, it would be good to attend as it could give you a better insight into the business.

Best
Wesley

bro... what is Chee Kuang"s nick?

setting up a bridal photo studio involved in large amount of $$$$ and great portfolio.
if u got the $ be carful on the spending, but the most important x factor to get more customers,is the portfolio.as the market now is ever changing,the most on demand kind of portfolio is photo album at least a 15r size with lots of graphic.Nice graphic is very important as it turns a simple photo into a new faces.
If u r intending to just take photo and print it out.forget it.the demand of this market is not going to be easy.a lot of weffort are needed to put in.i am in low profile where i used to do shoots for bridal boutiques years back. alot of pratices and know how to communicate with the cuoples are also very important.If u only know how to take good photos is not enough,u also need to break the ice of the couple in order to get the most out of them.
It maybe hard to break the ice,as the saying goes[ one kind of rice feed hundred kinds of people]but don't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.