Student version CS3 Extended?

zeisszf

Oct 7, 2009
Hi everyone,
Can anybody help me on this? Where can i get a brand new CS3 Extended for PC? I'm helping my friend to sourse for it. I know it is CS5 now, but her PC can't support 64bit & most importantly....tight budget. Student u see. pls pls help :embrass:

Hi everyone,
Can anybody help me on this? Where can i get a brand new CS3 Extended for PC? I'm helping my friend to sourse for it. I know it is CS5 now, but her PC can't support 64bit & most importantly....tight budget. Student u see. pls pls help :embrass:

I don't think that you can buy a new copy of CS3 anymore. If you really need this specific version then the only option is the used market... perhaps e-bay.

As stated above, CS5 comes in both the 32 and 64 bit version. It is available on the Adobe website for a free download to enable you to test it on your machine for 30 days. After 30 days you either must buy it or remove it from your computer.

Alternatively, Challenger (Funan Mall) may have copies available in their store. If they do not have the physical copies, you can order a copy of the CS5 32 bit version from them.

yea use the trial first. then order your set from www.mine.com.sg. easy to order. but the thing is that The Network Hub (the adobe retailer on www.mine.com.sg) is out of stock on both the design premium and the web premium Creative Suites for mac, so you might have to wait for a while before the software comes in. if you're using Windows, it wont be a problem. i think they still have stock for the CSs. the price is quite affordable. $119 inclusive GST. can pay cash on collection too.

Last edited:
yea use the trial first. then order your set from www.mine.com.sg. easy to order. but the thing is that The Network Hub (the adobe retailer on www.mine.com.sg) is out of stock on both the design premium and the web premium Creative Suites for mac, so you might have to wait for a while before the software comes in. if you're using Windows, it wont be a problem. i think they still have stock for the CSs. the price is quite affordable. $119 inclusive GST. can pay cash on collection too.

Sounds like a great deal.

haha. go for the next day collection. the place a bit ulu. takes a bit to find it. haha. took ages to find it on my first purchase. and you can pay cash for your software when you collect.

Thank u Rashkae.The issue is tht her PC might nt be powerful enough to support this graphics hungry monster u see. Her PC spec : Intel Pentium CPU E5300 2.6GHz 2.9GB RAM VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family, Windows XP Home Edition SP3. Can support CS5? I read PC mag tht graphics card shld be at least ATI 5770 with Phenom II X6 minimum 4GB DDR3? I ain’t computer geek so pls pls help.What minimum specs shld she have? SITEX is on Thursday!!! Hohoho..

Thank u raydio & ridehomewithme. Do u guys know where exactly is mine.com office location? I can’t find their add in their website. The price is shocking! My two favourite Xbox games already more expensive than tht!! :bigeyes:

It is the best deal ever, you get a whole lot of Adobe software for a fraction of the price. It is hard to believe but it is legal... there is even a link to the offer direct from the Adobe website.. And at $119 what can be wrong...

its definitely legal what . its for moe students and teachers . if you're not one , simply borrow the ez-link card from your friends or children .

Thank u Rashkae.The issue is tht her PC might nt be powerful enough to support this graphics hungry monster u see. Her PC spec : Intel Pentium CPU E5300 2.6GHz 2.9GB RAM VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family, Windows XP Home Edition SP3. Can support CS5? I read PC mag tht graphics card shld be at least ATI 5770 with Phenom II X6 minimum 4GB DDR3? I ain’t computer geek so pls pls help.What minimum specs shld she have? SITEX is on Thursday!!! Hohoho..

Thank u raydio & ridehomewithme. Do u guys know where exactly is mine.com office location? I can’t find their add in their website. The price is shocking! My two favourite Xbox games already more expensive than tht!! :bigeyes:

Note that she has to be a student to get the mine.com pricing, and she may NOT sell any of the pictures she processes with it.

Yes, the PC is strong enough.

educator also can heh...

oh thank u Rashkae. Yes she's a poly student. Just wonder, how would ppl know whether u are using Student version of CS5 & sell photos tht are edited through it? Is there water mark to it?..sorry, i don't know anything tech stuff about CS5 :embrass:

oh thank u Rashkae. Yes she's a poly student. Just wonder, how would ppl know whether u are using Student version of CS5 & sell photos tht are edited through it? Is there water mark to it?..sorry, i don't know anything tech stuff about CS5 :embrass:
no one knows. its kind of like a "you dont say, i dont say, nobody knows" kinda thing

There is no "visible" watermark however, there may be an invisible "watermark" that is embedded in every file that the student version produces. Of course, this is speculation only. No one really knows.

I see...good wisdom.I shld ask her to keep quiet haha. I suppose raydio is right on the invisible water mark stuff, otherwise many big graphic design companies might as well just buy all student CS5 versions right?..those Adobe engineers nt so stupid i guess.
Question:
If a person download CS5 in 32bit, can tht user use this same software & transfer to another PC & use it in 64bit? can this be done? Another word to say is tht one PC is in 32bit version, another in 64bit version but using the same software. possible? :dunno: Reason is tht person have two PCs at home, another one is waiting to be converted to Windows 7.

hi to answer your question, 32 bit software can work in a 64 bit operating system. but a 64 bit software cannot be used in a 32 bit operating system.
in essence, you just need the 32bit version of photoshop and install on both machines(not sure if this is allowed)

I see...good wisdom.I shld ask her to keep quiet haha. I suppose raydio is right on the invisible water mark stuff, otherwise many big graphic design companies might as well just buy all student CS5 versions right?..those Adobe engineers nt so stupid i guess.
Question:
If a person download CS5 in 32bit, can tht user use this same software & transfer to another PC & use it in 64bit? can this be done? Another word to say is tht one PC is in 32bit version, another in 64bit version but using the same software. possible? :dunno: Reason is tht person have two PCs at home, another one is waiting to be converted to Windows 7.

You would need 2 licenses. After upgrading, if CS5 gives you licensing problems, call the Adobe activation team, their service reps will help you.

You would need 2 licenses. After upgrading, if CS5 gives you licensing problems, call the Adobe activation team, their service reps will help you.

Actually you're allowed to install 2 copies of most Adobe products from the same license. This is spelled out in their licensing agreement (which most of us never read and just click OK to proceed with the installation).

However one must be very careful once the copy is installed on the computer. Adobe is very smart when it comes to software piracy. When you buy a license from them, you are provided with 2 "electronic tokens". As you install the first copy, the first electronic token is transferred to a web site for "storage". The same is done for the 2nd installation thus using up both "electronic tokens". If you buy a new computer and wish to install the same copy of CS5 on it, you have to retrieve one of your "electronic tokens" from the Adobe website. As you retrieve it, you effectively take away the privilege or license from the original computer and transfer it to the new computer.

This is done under the Help menu. The specific command is called "Deactivate" for the original installation and "Activate" for the computer accepting the transfer of license. This is a particularly important concept for people who are about to upgrade their computer from an earlier version of Windows to version 7. Particularly for Version 7 I read somewhere that it is highly recommended that the hard drive is completely erased and reformatted as opposed to just installing Windows 7 over top of the previous version. If someone has a copy of CS5 on their computer and forgets to "Deactivate" their license before erasing or reformatting their hard drive then one of their "electronic tokens" is wasted.

Last edited:
Sorry guys for replying late as i was busy with my friend's wedding. Thanks guys for the wonderful knowledge & wisdom. Wow raydio, u seem like an Adobe expert man haha..ur comment is indeed deep,i need to digest it.

Addendum to previous question :
PC No.1 is Windows XP SP3 & PC No.2 is Windows 7. PC No.1 & No.2 using CS5 but ONLY PC No.1 goes to the internet for Live update on CS5. So is it still safe on PC No.2?(This PC is solely for CS5 only,nothing else, & won't surf net with this PC) :embrass: