Proctizzle

Jun 23, 2005
clock1.jpg

DSC_0007w.jpg

DSC_0009w.jpg

DSC_0010w.jpg

-Justin

sry bout the first pic.... it was givin me problems

wow...quite abstract....like 'em..even your first one...can't say why..just appeals to me on first glance man....not the last though...

just curious, wad do u think of when u take an abstract? the artistic composition and/or...? or is it instinctive?

well sometimes... like the clock i get an idea and i just do it... but something like the fan.. that wasjust me just shooting stuff....

-Justin

Id say your professor wont care for the fan one, its boring, bland and it wasnt something you had to go out to shoot. The clock however appeals to me. Your third picture doesnt have something to draw my attention to it, and the fourth is a good exposure, however not very "artsy". Hope this helps.

All of your exposures are right on the money, so I am sure that will get you credit in that area. Im new to this site, so I hope my strict critiquing is helpful and not offending anyone. The site I frequent www.iphotoforum.com have some very very tough reviewers, and I can definatly tell improvement from their advice, so unless it causes a problem I will contenue that tradition over here.

jj1987 said:
The site I frequent www.iphotoforum.com have some very very tough reviewers, and I can definatly tell improvement from their advice, so unless it causes a problem I will contenue that tradition over here.

Why not? :) As long your critic comes with ways to improve, then I think it is beneficial to the photographer.

Better than those "It sucks. Period." posts...

nah, that was very helpful advice... lol, the fan was on accident anyways :p i was actually just in my room and just was shooting stuff and it came out like that... lol,... bu the clock however i planned and saw before i took the pic... i was hopin the second hand would have came out mor ehtough

-Justin

There have been many photographers who are well known for "abstractions", rather than "extractions".

"Extractions" is merely taking small bits of something. Photographing a small portion of something bigger.

In contrast, "abstractions" is making an "abstract" of something that is often familiar. In this case, there is a mystery. One is led to look and think. Not everything had been said.

Your images are mere "extractions" - the clock, the fan and Yoda. There is no story.

There is one that might be an abstraction in #3. (I think this is an elephant with its trunk raised). But this is so fuzzy that few would be interested to take a second look.

Status
Not open for further replies.