student on exchange, advice please?

Joohander

Apr 26, 2010
Pasir Ris
hello all! i'll be going on exchange to Amsterdam soon and i was just wondering if fellow forum members have any experiences of shooting in Europe (anywhere, i plan to travel A LOT). i'm mainly looking out for:

1. general etiquette (what to do or not to do)
2. tips on good locations for sunrise/sunset or just good photo opportunities like festivals etc
3. safety information for camera gear and general
4. feel free to share some funny stories too! :D

please indicate what country you are referring to, the more specific, the better!

thanks in advance for your contributions!! cheers

hello all! i'll be going on exchange to Amsterdam soon and i was just wondering if fellow forum members have any experiences of shooting in Europe (anywhere, i plan to travel A LOT). i'm mainly looking out for:

2. tips on good locations for sunrise/sunset or just good photo opportunities like festivals etc

please indicate what country you are referring to, the more specific, the better!

The internet is your friend. And so is Google.

How to share about Europe? So huge, so many countries, so many cultures, so many cities...

1st of all, you have to be more specific.
2nd, there is a thread in this forum discussed about Europe back pack, search back a few pages. Some useful tips there.
3rd, train is useful transport in Europe.
4th, some budget airline can be cheaper than train, if you book at least 2 month in advance.

sorry if i was not specific enough, i was actually asking for members' personal experience in europe and like i said, i will be travelling almost all over during the 6 months i'm staying there. contrary to the impression i seemed to have given, i do happen to possess some rudimentary knowledge on the wonders of the internet. perhaps i am naive in valuing a so-called "personal touch" over strangers' photos on flickr or the like. no worries, thanks for your suggestions.