STS Pallada - Arrival at Vivocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahwoon

Aug 19, 2007
Sailing Tall Ship Pallada from Russia will be arriving in Vivocity in the morning on 2nd July 2008. It will sure to be a very beautiful sailing ship coming in..

This is how Pallada looks like without sails..

pallada003.jpg

pallada02.jpg

and they are currently at anchorage now.. preparing for the morning's event to berth into vivocity..

pallada05.jpg

pallada06.jpg

hanging the flag..

Pallada Tallship is a training sailship for cadets from Russian.. and they have been sailing around the world across the oceans and now.. they are coming to Singapore for a few days before heading to Shanghai.. so photographers can be there to snap some photos of this nice sail ship.. when they are at vivo..

and lucky for me.. i was part of the crew when they sail from Penang to Spore..

Cool... Will head down later to have a look.

Shoot around the ship is free. Two policemen station at the entrance of the ship checking sailor's passport when stepping into Singapore land. In this case, same logic apply if you allow to get on the ship passport is required?

Shoot around the ship is free. Two policemen station at the entrance of the ship checking sailor's passport when stepping into Singapore land. In this case, same logic apply if you allow to get on the ship passport is required?
They don't look like police to me - more like ICA.

For how many days will this ship be around here for us to view? Thanks.

the policeman-like people are checking to make sure the crew/cadets going in and out of the ship has their seaman pass.. and public are not allowed to enter.. and as far as i know.. public will then be able to enter the ship for guided visit by the crew on sat/sun..

the ship will be departing on monday..

http://www.xin.sg/article.php?article=20547
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/cna/cgi-bin/search/search_7days.pl?status=&search=pallada&id=357843

i will uploads some of the shots taken at today's arrival later on..

i juz came back from vivo...the ship is so freaking huge...tried taking pics of it in the dark but didnt come out rite...the pics came out mostly blur...but i caught one or two average photos of the ships name

i juz came back from vivo...the ship is so freaking huge...tried taking pics of it in the dark but didnt come out rite...the pics came out mostly blur...but i caught one or two average photos of the ships name

Wah.. this come the ultra wide angle lens ( the 16-35mm lens) which is very useful to take the ship...... :vhappy:

FYI.. STS Pallada will be leaving Vivo on Sunday 6/7/08.. evening time..

FYI.. STS Pallada will be leaving Vivo on Sunday 6/7/08.. evening time..

Thnx. I suppose you can take pictures from Tanjong Berlayer when she's sailing out. Any idea what time?

5pm? not very sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.