strobeless testimony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigfatfish

Jan 13, 2004
Hi guys,

I read some articles that I found in the forum about strobeless photography.
ANyone here has tried and succeeded?

Just wanted to find out what the difference was with a strobe and without.

thanks.

bigfatfish said:
Hi guys,

I read some articles that I found in the forum about strobeless photography.
ANyone here has tried and succeeded?

Just wanted to find out what the difference was with a strobe and without.

thanks.

This topic had been discussed many times, have a search in the past posts

Goondoo said:
This topic had been discussed many times, have a search in the past posts

Yeah, probably do a check on it soon.
Those who feel a burning desire to leave your testimonial can still put here. Haha. :D dont waste the thread.

bigfatfish said:
Yeah, probably do a check on it soon.
Those who feel a burning desire to leave your testimonial can still put here. Haha. :D dont waste the thread.

yea, dun waste threads, can someone delete this thread pls? :p

bigfatfish said:

i only can say u asked for it so u got it... :D

my work, titled strobeless.
strobeless.jpg

so how?

Hi Bigfatfish

Actually, even without a strobe, you can get decent results. You have to know and be aware of the limitations of (i) the built-in flash and (ii) shooting without any flash/strobe. In short, the built-in flash can only illuminate about 2 feet and works well only in good vis.

For a start, try macro shots cos you can get v nice results using just the built-in flash. For wide angle shots, in many instances, no flash may produce a more pleasing result (cos less/no backscatter). Personally, i find that using a red/orange filter helps greatly for wide angle shots when shooting w/o strobe.

Do a search on the "who are divers" thread and you'll see lots of valuable info as well as many photos posted which are taken w/o strobe. Good luck and have fun. ;)

DTan said:
i only can say u asked for it so u got it... :D

my work, titled strobeless.
strobeless.jpg

so how?

cannot see ley, its fully black.

kng said:
Hi Bigfatfish

Actually, even without a strobe, you can get decent results. You have to know and be aware of the limitations of (i) the built-in flash and (ii) shooting without any flash/strobe. In short, the built-in flash can only illuminate about 2 feet and works well only in good vis.

For a start, try macro shots cos you can get v nice results using just the built-in flash. For wide angle shots, in many instances, no flash may produce a more pleasing result (cos less/no backscatter). Personally, i find that using a red/orange filter helps greatly for wide angle shots when shooting w/o strobe.

Do a search on the "who are divers" thread and you'll see lots of valuable info as well as many photos posted which are taken w/o strobe. Good luck and have fun. ;)

Thanks KNG

usually i shoot strobeless leh.. no money to buy strobe.. not nice to borrow all the time..

just get close lor.. aperture put bigger lor..

you can shoot very good pictures without external strobe.. if you get close enough.. and there's enough natural light..

bigfatfish said:
Thanks KNG
Dun be scared off by the lao jiao's fierce replies... they are VERY NICE in person... ;p

kng said:
Dun be scared off by the lao jiao's fierce replies... they are VERY NICE in person... ;p

fierce? here got fierce ppl meh? *looks around*
joker have alot lar

lovells19 said:
Only goondoo abit fierce, sometime he'll bite lor.. the rest ok :p
but he is a bit goondoo, so tat is acceptable behaviour...OT liao.

kthan said:
but he is a bit goondoo, so tat is acceptable behaviour...OT liao.

siao eh.... tats personal attack liao hor...

Bigfatfish,
I still think that as long as you take a "clear" and "focused" picture, Adobe photoshop will have a colour solution for you. There is no reason why such lens need to be used at all. Only problems with internal flash is back scatters, not powerful enough for wide angle, and can't take pictures using super macro mode or macro at a close distance since the flash is normally block by the housing/lens.

Ok to shoot without strobe for depth of less than 5m. Beyond that pics would look wash out. PS can correct colours but cannot create colours.

Luv4nature said:
Ok to shoot without strobe for depth of less than 5m. Beyond that pics would look wash out. PS can correct colours but cannot create colours.

hmmm.... I need to study into that.... I had tried "creating" redness, shown waisj the way too....

Goondoo said:
siao eh.... tats personal attack liao hor...
err....what's yr nick? I where got personal attack? U said it yrself, not that I am calling u names :angel:

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.