strings [farmboy23]

farmboy23

Oct 2, 2010
Simei Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, IQ, cropping and what can be improved?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I wanted to engrave feelings withouth showing the face of the person playing it.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken using Sony a380, with a flash light.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think this picture is quite illustrative in a way that it tends to go to the guitar player. but i am not satisfied on the emotions of the outcome.

6612898775_7d93b5db5b_z.jpg

I wanted to engrave feelings withouth showing the face of the person playing it.

Perhaps you could explain more about the part on showing the feelings? From what I see through the photo, I see a simple shot of someone holding a guitar. What feelings are you trying to portray?

Nonetheless, I think the lighting is very well handled, good job on your part. ;)

feeling of happiness, through the hands of the player. I don't know if it is enough if it is just the hands. or should i consider the face next time..

thanks for the lighting complement, never thought a flashlight will do the job.

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, IQ, cropping and what can be improved?

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Taken using Sony a380, with a flash light.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think this picture is quite illustrative in a way that it tends to go to the guitar player. but i am not satisfied on the emotions of the outcome.

Indeed lack of emotions. In my opinion, the emotions comes from the guitar player playing the guitar. Suppose you don't want to give the person the focus, an approach is using low key with highlights focus on the guitar. In this way, the relationship between the player and the instruments will set a mood. The player can also wear a fedora hat looking downwards to the strings so that the whole face is in shadow. Still the illustration exist but the highlight focus on the guitar will give audience the notion that the subject is the guitar and not the person. I believe in this way the mood will be there, the emotion will exist and the focus is not shifted.

Cool.. i will set up something like that next time then.