Stress on flash mount/hot shoe

PowerShort

Jun 30, 2009
Does it wear out the flash mount and hot shoe faster when shooting a big flash on hot shoe especially when you always switch from horizontal to vertical orientation(& vice versa) in a swift manner? Most good flashes are of significant weight, but it is made of plastic. And the hot shoe too, if damaged duno whether it would affect the connection :dunno:

What camera are you talking about?

I have heard about some issues with the hotshoe connector at the flash .. but never about a hotshoe on the camera giving way. I guess the camera manufacturer did some proper homework there. Secondly: don't underestimate the strength of certain types of plastic.

Does it wear out the flash mount and hot shoe faster when shooting a big flash on hot shoe especially when you always switch from horizontal to vertical orientation(& vice versa) in a swift manner? Most good flashes are of significant weight, but it is made of plastic. And the hot shoe too, if damaged duno whether it would affect the connection :dunno:

No issue lah.... I often hold the whole rig by the flash :bsmilie:

Wah?! Carry whole rig by the flash is really too much man...:D.

But I supposed the body hot shoe can support the whole flash lah. I always switch the orientation fast and was kinda feeling paranoid after a while. Scared one day the flash drop off.:bsmilie:

Wah?! Carry whole rig by the flash is really too much man...:D.

But I supposed the body hot shoe can support the whole flash lah. I always switch the orientation fast and was kinda feeling paranoid after a while. Scared one day the flash drop off.:bsmilie:

It won't... and my camera is a D200 with grip so you can imagine the weight... :sweat: :bsmilie:

Eh.. I think I pamper my camera too much already.

When I mount my flash on the body, I usually carry my camera like as if cradling a baby. Making sure to suppor the entire weight of flash + body. Ahahahahahah.........

Not bad uh..