Strength in numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdnoorhakim

Mar 26, 2008
Hi people,
this is my first few photos taken as ive just begun my journey on photography.
i chose the title "Strength in Numbers" because the cables show that its a tough task holding up the Singapore Flyer. what more if theres only one cable. so the cables share the burden. similarly, we can apply this to our everyday lives in highlighting the importance of teamwork and cooperation in order to achieve our goals together. like capturing mas selamat. :D haha. we shouldnt put all the load on our police force in capturing mas selamat. its a nationwide effort.

2450263163_99cb6e65e4.jpg

united we stand,
divided we fall,
lighten the load,
spread the burden,
share the pain.
for together we'll prevail.

1. is it too much PP?
2. is the focus correctly on the cables?
3. how can i improve more in this?

taken with D50, 18-55mm.
exposure: 1/3200
iso speed: 200.
aperture priority.
aperture: f/5.6

thank you people in advance.

mrhakim:) i think ur thread title is very effective, with a strong story line u posted, to back it up:thumbsup:yes ur focus is sharp all over the pic,cz ur pic demands a sharp focus to back up ur thread title;) i love the composition u did. i wud have preferred a clear blue sky,but ur sky has its strength too....every pic can be improved......but ur pic will stay alive in ur mind for ever...

mrhakim:) i think ur thread title is very effective, with a strong story line u posted, to back it up:thumbsup:yes ur focus is sharp all over the pic,cz ur pic demands a sharp focus to back up ur thread title;) i love the composition u did. i wud have preferred a clear blue sky,but ur sky has its strength too....every pic can be improved......but ur pic will stay alive in ur mind for ever...

hey thanks newlife. ur comment has certainly motivated me to take more good photos. thanks! i'll try and improve more on the focus. thanks again!

you can photoshop the sky...newlife has a point.
good shot

you can photoshop the sky...newlife has a point.
good shot

Pardon my lack of understanding on this subject...how exactly do you photoshop a partially overcast sky, to make it a clear blue sky?

WB of the structure will also not match a clear blue sky here, if you substitute skies.

I say leave the sky as it is. It has its own character.

Pardon my lack of understanding on this subject...how exactly do you photoshop a partially overcast sky, to make it a clear blue sky?

WB of the structure will also not match a clear blue sky here, if you substitute skies.

I say leave the sky as it is. It has its own character.

second this

like someone once told me, when you don't get good light, try converting to black and white

(hey it rhymes, soon i'll be writing zen-like critique too, whee! :angel:)

second this

like someone once told me, when you don't get good light, try converting to black and white

(hey it rhymes, soon i'll be writing zen-like critique too, whee! :angel:)

Yes this is a good piece of advice to note. Black and white can be used for those times when you don't have good light. It allows you to get a punchier contrast too, without having to worry about artificial looking colours that come with more extreme curves.

TS, if I may refer you to this site, www.blackandwhitedigital.com, use this as a learning database for photoshop workflow on how to convert your images to black and white. Please don't do a straight desaturation. The contrast and tonal range is entirely different.

hey thanks to everyone who has commented. ive learnt alot from ur comments. and i think about the sky, ill leave it as it is as reminder.

and thanks denniskee for the link!

Instead i love the sky is placed... The flyer wheel just touches the only blue part in the pic. Although from the sides it is overcast. This is a good shot. At first look i reali love it. GD!

Instead i love the sky is placed... The flyer wheel just touches the only blue part in the pic. Although from the sides it is overcast. This is a good shot. At first look i reali love it. GD!

hey thanks nigel. the sky somehow made a vignette effect for the cables it seems. maybe it shows that as we work together upwards, there'll be a better sky or day. haha. im glad u like the shot.

Nice interesting shot. At first, I couldn't decide if this was a B&W or color photo until I saw the tinge of blue strip in the sky. Overall image focus is fantastic and good composition. Look forward to seeing more shots from you.

Btw, can you confirm if the speed is 1/3200 and ISO 200 ? At f/5.6, the whole photo would be black at such a high shutter speed. Looks more like ISO 3200 and 1/200 s.

Cheers !
Jamesalpha.

Nice interesting shot. At first, I couldn't decide if this was a B&W or color photo until I saw the tinge of blue strip in the sky. Overall image focus is fantastic and good composition. Look forward to seeing more shots from you.

Btw, can you confirm if the speed is 1/3200 and ISO 200 ? At f/5.6, the whole photo would be black at such a high shutter speed. Looks more like ISO 3200 and 1/200 s.

Cheers !
Jamesalpha.

hey jamesalpha,
thanks for the comment. and for the settings, i dont know if i copied right coz i copied the settings from the flickr page. u can see it by following the link. sorry. and HAPPY LABOUR DAY! haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.