Streets @ Orchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor1

Sep 29, 2003
Singapore
kr.sg
Well, first time shooting night streets. Comments and critiques are always welcome.
C230626-2.jpg

C230720.jpg

Settings used.
#1 50mm 1/80s @ f/2 ,iso400. Inbuild flash used.
#2 50mm 1/160s @ f/2 ,iso125. Inbuild flash used.

PS: Both are street performances, but for different reasons. Hope the second picture remind us that, there are still those who work during festive seasons to make a living.

Love these 2 pics especially the first one.
The 1st pic I like the composition and the facial expression of the 2 violinists.
The left violinist smile a bit weird, but that is one of the reason that make this picture interesting.
The right violinist, that girl gives a very calm and sweet smile. Really bring us the peaceful mood
of Xmas.
The yellow lights behind might be a bit distracting at first look, but after a while
it acts like frame to the pic. :thumbsup:

Tell you a secret behind pic #1..

They were suppressingtheir laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X
I was like.. see le.. *shake head*. Change settings, trial again.. haha for a couple of times.. -_-"

Raptor1 said:

They were supressing their laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X
I was like.. see le.. *shake head*. Change settings, trial again.. haha for a couple of times.. -_-"

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: that's cool,especially the guy reaction.

Guy: *thinking* Donno how many more shots he need, this one probably kong up one
Girl: *just being diplimatic and non-offensive*

Raptor1 said:

They were suppressingtheir laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X

*hurt*
lolx..
well, no matter what.. i felt that i learnt alot during that shoot(more to learn still). The more i shoot, the more i like this camera .

Composition is quite hard as i am using a prime lense (50mm) with 2x crop factor. Most pictures are cropped to get the composition i wanted. Still, the lense is fast and sharp! Willing to go that extra mile(foot zooming) for the image quality. the F2 aided alot in the low light situations.

Ha, forgot to add: no hurt intended.

Maybe I should share my embarassing moment too. Was wanting to take pics of 2 local "racequeens" at the dreamcarsasia 2005. Got the models to pose (to ensure eye contact), ready to take pic, then realised that my lens cap was still on! I was still looking through the viewfinder for a while, thinking what's wrong. The girls must be thinking "super kanchiong newbie"! Lucky the pictures turned out alright. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

huggable said:
Ha, forgot to add: no hurt intended.

Maybe I should share my embarassing moment too. Was wanting to take pics of 2 local "racequeens" at the dreamcarsasia 2005. Got the models to pose (to ensure eye contact), ready to take pic, then realised that my lens cap was still on! I was still looking through the viewfinder for a while, thinking what's wrong. The girls must be thinking "super kanchiong newbie"! Lucky the pictures turned out alright. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Happened to me quite a few then when I first start photography... lol... sure look kok to other... they will think why this fallow look through the viewfinder with cap on... So now whenever i do event, i leave the len cap in the bag...

It's ok one... we learn from expreience...

cheer pal... and not forgetting... Merry x'mas

I like #2...

The B&W bring out the timeless feeling... Good one... Keep it up pal....

Raptor1 said:

Hahaha! Good one!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.