Streets @ Orchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raptor1

Sep 29, 2003
Singapore
kr.sg
Well, first time shooting night streets. Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Settings used.
#1 50mm 1/80s @ f/2 ,iso400. Inbuild flash used.
#2 50mm 1/160s @ f/2 ,iso125. Inbuild flash used.

PS: Both are street performances, but for different reasons. Hope the second picture remind us that, there are still those who work during festive seasons to make a living.

obewan

Feb 11, 2005
obe.homedns.org
Love these 2 pics especially the first one.
The 1st pic I like the composition and the facial expression of the 2 violinists.
The left violinist smile a bit weird, but that is one of the reason that make this picture interesting.
The right violinist, that girl gives a very calm and sweet smile. Really bring us the peaceful mood
of Xmas.
The yellow lights behind might be a bit distracting at first look, but after a while
it acts like frame to the pic. :thumbsup:

Raptor1

Sep 29, 2003
Singapore
kr.sg
Tell you a secret behind pic #1..

They were suppressingtheir laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X
I was like.. see le.. *shake head*. Change settings, trial again.. haha for a couple of times.. -_-"

zaxh81

Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Raptor1 said:

They were supressing their laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X
I was like.. see le.. *shake head*. Change settings, trial again.. haha for a couple of times.. -_-"
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: that's cool,especially the guy reaction.

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
Guy: *thinking* Donno how many more shots he need, this one probably kong up one
Girl: *just being diplimatic and non-offensive*

Raptor1 said:

They were suppressingtheir laughter @ me.. cos i took almost 5 shots just to get the right settings.. pretty noob =X

Raptor1

Sep 29, 2003
Singapore
kr.sg
*hurt*
lolx..
well, no matter what.. i felt that i learnt alot during that shoot(more to learn still). The more i shoot, the more i like this camera .

Composition is quite hard as i am using a prime lense (50mm) with 2x crop factor. Most pictures are cropped to get the composition i wanted. Still, the lense is fast and sharp! Willing to go that extra mile(foot zooming) for the image quality. the F2 aided alot in the low light situations.

huggable

Nov 2, 2004
East side
Ha, forgot to add: no hurt intended.

Maybe I should share my embarassing moment too. Was wanting to take pics of 2 local "racequeens" at the dreamcarsasia 2005. Got the models to pose (to ensure eye contact), ready to take pic, then realised that my lens cap was still on! I was still looking through the viewfinder for a while, thinking what's wrong. The girls must be thinking "super kanchiong newbie"! Lucky the pictures turned out alright. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
huggable said:
Ha, forgot to add: no hurt intended.

Maybe I should share my embarassing moment too. Was wanting to take pics of 2 local "racequeens" at the dreamcarsasia 2005. Got the models to pose (to ensure eye contact), ready to take pic, then realised that my lens cap was still on! I was still looking through the viewfinder for a while, thinking what's wrong. The girls must be thinking "super kanchiong newbie"! Lucky the pictures turned out alright. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Happened to me quite a few then when I first start photography... lol... sure look kok to other... they will think why this fallow look through the viewfinder with cap on... So now whenever i do event, i leave the len cap in the bag...

It's ok one... we learn from expreience...

cheer pal... and not forgetting... Merry x'mas

clarinet

Nov 16, 2004
strewberry farm
I like #2...

The B&W bring out the timeless feeling... Good one... Keep it up pal....

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Raptor1 said:

Hahaha! Good one!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.